Morimoto headlights with a supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants the morimoto headlights they would be totally easy on a stock truck. The whipple intercooler setup gets in the way like crazy. I had to unhook it and fight everything so I didn’t remove the intercooler reservoir.

The end result was so worth it. 7CAA610F-62A7-4FE8-B7F9-3252E25207FE.jpeg49617DF2-0797-435C-B8E2-472DCBF42FF6.jpeg

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@burntoutaccountant Looks good, but your issue is specific to the older design of Whipple intercooler reservoir. The current design has the reservoir mounted low behind the front bumper and the fill is near the engine oil dipstick via hoses and a plastic t-fitting that’s also the filler neck. I actually had room to relocate my power steering pump cooler since I had to make room for the Whipple HD heat exchanger with fans.41066FC1-1D79-4D1A-8329-001C872332F7.jpeg

Attachments

• B8D16D43-6E2D-4510-BA9B-F4F94819CE56.jpeg
    B8D16D43-6E2D-4510-BA9B-F4F94819CE56.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 19

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intercooler is still in the way with newer system. I remember they share same mounting points. Easier than old design but I still had to kinda loose intercooler mount then forced the headlights in.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run into the same issue. I have to pull back on the heat exchanger mounting brackets to slip the headlight out. The inner headlight bolt is the same as one of the exchanger mounting bolts. But it would be a pain to fully unbolt the bracket from the core heat exchanger. Makes it interesting to adjust the headlight height. Thank god for ratcheting 8mm wrenches.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Tommysyko If you turn your heat exchanger fans so that the wiring hangs down from the bottom instead of running out the top, you can hide the wiring and connectors behind the bumper. The instructions show mounting the fans as you have them, but most installs hide the wiring and connectors behind the bumper instead of having it draped over the heat exchanger and radiator.

As far as headlight adjustments, I’ve had no issues getting to the adjusters from the top or bottom. As you said, I use ratcheting flex head wrenches.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Vash Totally agree. Some of the instructions were from a previous edition and were not updated. I wanted to make sure I was following all the instructions for fitment. It'll definitely be on the to do list. There's too many wires and junk all over the place at this point. I'm hoping to get it sorted when I have to pull off the front for a SVC bumper.