GEN 1 Morimoto headlight help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally bought new headlights after moving to Michigan. Need the better light for all the snow and dark days ahead. Or whatever hahah. However I some how messed up the install I’m sure. Now my grille lights are not coming on. From some research I might have messed up the BCM. How can I confirm this? Am I dealer bound? 2011 non led raptor fyi.

They worked before install. Any codes that can help validate?

Pics because.

Attachments

• FC4108D2-CD2F-4EAB-B87F-009FC3C93F5A.jpeg
    FC4108D2-CD2F-4EAB-B87F-009FC3C93F5A.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 3025F3E8-B94B-471F-B0FC-E48B95E18936.jpeg
    3025F3E8-B94B-471F-B0FC-E48B95E18936.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 30

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you splice any wires into the factory harness? The grille marker lamps are powered by the Park Lamp relay in the BCM; check to see if Fuse F30 (15A) is open.

OP
OP
Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you splice any wires into the factory harness? The grille marker lamps are powered by the Park Lamp relay in the BCM; check to see if Fuse F30 (15A) is open.
Thank you for your reply! I did not splice any wires. I’ll check the fuse. I did plug into a fuse for the drl lights I believe as part of the kit.

I’m assuming you mean the box on top of the radiator with all the fuses in it? Check there?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what it looks like upon initial inspection. This F30 had a 10amp
Fuse in it. Should it be 15? F31 had a 15 in it. And my rear taillight might be spliced into for the camper cover taillight. Forgot about that one.
Looks like you're at the Battery Junction Box (BJB), the marker lamp fuse is F30 in the Body Control Module (BCM) located in the passenger side kick panel.

OP
OP
Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're at the Battery Junction Box (BJB), the marker lamp fuse is F30 in the Body Control Module (BCM) located in the passenger side kick panel.
Yep pulled head out of my ***. Found F30 and it was blown. Replaced with a good 15A. Still no front grille marker lights. Thanks for being patient with me. Any thoughts? Do I need to unplug the battery and reset the bcm after doing that?

The rears never stopped working and still do. Lol.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulled the new fuse I put in and it was blown too.
That means you have a short to ground somewhere in the harness or in one of the lights; the marker lamps are not BCM monitored or controlled. Check the areas where you were working when installing the headlamps, there may be a harness or circuit that was damaged.

OP
OP
Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That means you have a short to ground somewhere in the harness or in one of the lights; the marker lamps are not BCM monitored or controlled. Check the areas where you were working when installing the headlamps, there may be a harness or circuit that was damaged.
Thanks! I did notice one damaged connection/connector. What do you call them sockets? Where can I get a replacement autozone?