Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHook

Reaction score
think my lights are coming tomorrow, got a UPS notification that a package is inbound, from THE RETROFIT SOURCE ?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes we didn't get a chance to update our shipping software yet. Everybody should be getting an email from us momentarily.

TRS = Morimoto (TRS is the distribution side of the company)

BHook

Reaction score
Would enjoy hearing your review of them.
Installed Thursday on 2018 802A, took my time (4hours), used fuse location 14 for the DRL harness. Lights were aimed really low out of the box, had to raise the beams up about 5 inches. Drove to work in the daylight and brought an 8mm wrench with me to fine tune on the drive home in the dark. Had to lower them a bit to not blind oncoming traffic.

As for the low beam light output, definitely an improvement over stock LEDs! Wider throw, crisp cutoff. High beams, Meh. Highs are probably better than stock, but due to the Lows being so much brighter the Highs don't appear to be as awesome as the Lows. High beams also have a wider throw than stock.

I also have the Rigid Fogs on while driving at night. I have them aimed out to provide a wide throw so that they are almost cornering lights. They make my throw pattern about 140 degrees and greatly improve visibility to the sides.

Would I purchase again, yes.

Edit, the best stock lights I have ever driven are on my wifes Lexus LC500. Are the Morimoto gen 2 lights better? Nope.

Morimoto should design and incorporate cornering lights into future designs.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May have spoken too soon as it looks like my 5a fuse popped in the adapter. Is it safe for me to run 2x 10a fuses in the harness vs the 10/5 from the factory?

Same thing happened to me, micro 5 blew, replaced with another 5, we’ll see how that goes. What’d you end up doing here @mattl600?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You should not be upgrading fuses. If something blew, then you might have a short. I've had no issues with my setup.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the causes of a short? I had these installed at a local place and fuse is currently in position 36.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THAT you have to investigate. If something is shorting out you need to check your wiring. See if anything is shorting out from a cut wire or something else. Did you tap additionally/etc...