Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Anybody else using the startup/DRL harness notice a loss of FM reception??? With the lights or parking lights on no issues, lights off and DRL on I lose my HD FM stations and a loss of reception on the normal FM stations. I even added a few toroids to the DRL wire with no improvement, removed the startup/DRL wire and everything went back to normal. Have the harness ran under the radiator shroud, through the passenger fender, under the battery to the fusebox. Anybody else having this issue, if not how did you route the wire???

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else install this on a 2017 Raptor?

I ask because my Raptor actually uses the mini Fuse tap, not the micro fuse tap. Believe it or not, the picture of the fuse box Moritmoto provides actually matches (with minor exceptions) what I have. I was going to use Fuse #113 as recommended, but the fuse doesn't match up as the wire I have is a micro, but fuse location is mini.

d0955c8f61978b0af7f3548d7be00c32.jpg

In the pic above, I pulled out one of the 10A fuses to show the difference between them. I did have one micro fuse spot (see below) and that turned on the DRLs (ambers) immediately, with engine off/ I didn't check to see if it would turn off in 5 minutes or so, perhaps I need to test to see if this is a viable option?

If that's not an option, what's the best way to get a new fuse tap? Can I just pick up one of these?

https://www.autozone.com/electrical...bussmann-atm-add-a-circuit-fuse-tap/32416_0_0

b23f30df0c3db31ef28b98b92b06ba67.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did anyone else install this on a 2017 Raptor?

I ask because my Raptor actually uses the mini Fuse tap, not the micro fuse tap. Believe it or not, the picture of the fuse box Moritmoto provides actually matches (with minor exceptions) what I have. I was going to use Fuse #113 as recommended, but the fuse doesn't match up as the wire I have is a micro, but fuse location is mini.

d0955c8f61978b0af7f3548d7be00c32.jpgb23f30df0c3db31ef28b98b92b06ba67.jpg

Did you purchase the XB Headlights from us? If so, we send out the correct fuse taps. If not, wherever you ordered from sent you the wrong fuse taps

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to figure the halo brightness issue out. There seem to be 2 or 3 modes.
1. In drive, the halos are medium brightness.
2. In park, halos are the absolute brightest.
3. Lights on halos are either like in drive or a bit dimmer.

I want the halos to be the brightest when in DRIVE, not park. Do I have the fusetap in the wrong slot? Is there a way to trick the lights so they think drive is park? Why would park be brighter than drive? I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT. :p