Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by 4x4TruckLEDs.com, Sep 23, 2020.

1. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You said that the last time though, when you first stated you got the correct harness overnight to you when it was not available.

I suggest you contact the dealer you purchased from to inquire if you did actually get the right harness... as the first harness you got (from what you told us) was the regular OEM LED Harness, and these new lights require the NEW harnesses...

CobraJay likes this.
  2. DetTigers

DetTigers Full Access Member

I said I had a harness the first time, unbeknownst to me it was the 1st gen harness. Now Morimoto recognized the problem, apologized for it, and overnighted me the NEW 2nd Gen harness that I received yesterday. It’s the same harness they sent you to send to your customers. I’ve been in contact with OffRoad Alliance and their customer service has been FANTASTIC. Short of coming to my house and installing the lights there is nothing they haven’t done.

Hopefully you sent your customers the proper DRL harness as well, they’re going to need it.

CobraJay likes this.
  3. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

What did the latest harness look like. Did it include the resistor packs (1 per side) with it. Or was just just an OEM harness with some connectors on the end.

4. rayofsi

rayofsi FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Looking forward to buying a set of these from any forum vendor when they are in stock. Don't really want to preorder and wait until next year lol

5. 1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2 Full Access Member

Could somebody post a picture of what the correct harness looks like . That makes everything function as it should . I don't want to install until i'm sure i have the correct harness. Thanks

6. melvimbe

melvimbe FRF Addict

How is waiting on a 'preorder' different than waiting till it comes in stock, except that you are likely to actually get the product sooner? It's not like you can't cancel your 'preorder' if you change your mind for whatever reason.

7. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

True statement. Pre-Orders guarantee a place in line. If folks wait till an item is "back in stock" chances are, they are sold out. We see this with the GJ Motorsports kits all the time. Customers want to wait till it's back in stock, BUT by then, everybody else started ordering up the inventory coming in.

Morimoto just reduced the ETA by a month. So now the ETA is 12/11/2020.

8. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

The correct harness looks like this
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BAD454SSv2 likes this.
  9. DetTigers

DetTigers Full Access Member

Unfortunately doesn’t fix the hyper flash issue though

10. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Which harness did you receive? You stated you received the correct harness the first time, but it was not. Are you sure you received the right harness the 2nd time? Again I'd recommend you contact the dealer you bought it from for assistance. You did not buy the lights from us so I can't verify what you actually received. Nor can I verify how you have everything wired up. There are certain things you have to remove on the Raptor installation in order for it to work correctly.