More V8 Rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flintstrike37

Reaction score
Hey gents. Noob here. Been a fan of the Raptor for a few years and finally decided to give in and buy one earlier this year, until I learned the 2nd gen model is on it’s way, so I’m holding off. But like a lot of people on this forum, I’m disappointed to see it’s only going to be available in a V6. I just found the article below, and didn’t see it discussed on this forum yet:

The F-150 Raptor will also receive the EcoBoost 5.0 V8 in 2018 | HorsepowerKings.com

Any thoughts as to the veracity of this story?

OP
OP
F

flintstrike37

Reaction score

I know, I know, this topic has been beat to death seeing as about every 5th thread is about it. But the author of the article is clearly stating a V8 option will be available. I didn't see it discussed here on the site (only article I saw was the April fools one), and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how accurate this may be. I'm hoping the author has the scoop on this since I'm not really seeing it reported elsewhere.

I know it's still early as the Raptor won't be available till Fall of next year. But that also gives Ford plenty of time to make adjustments to the final product. Hoping this is one of those "adjustments" they make.