More Raptor Transmission Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorNewbie

Reaction score
Awesome. That means the new B&M dipstick I am ordering will also allow me to fill from the engine compartment once installed without removing the skid plate under the car. Thanks again.

Robert Maki

Reaction score
I have this same issue... **** Solenoid E P0770 .. I’m guessing it’s the Lead Frame, the nodules that connect to the solenoids get dirty, there is a new film that they put on it.. just as a matter of preventative measures everyone should replace that along with the fluid filters and all the seals.. also when they flush , transmission MUST be hot or the thermal release valve will be closed and you,l be replacing 14 quarts of fluid but only through the cooler and valves and not the transmission itself.. it’s a big deal.. it must be hot, but if you replace the lead frame, then you’ll be good... because that valve will come out ...... if you have this issue and go to the dealer, don’t let them get away with,, we will test all this crap first BS tell them that you want all of it replaced, the lead frame with the new nodule strip, all the seals,, maybe even price out the 7 solenoids and just swap them. Yea. $1500 but you’ll have a basically brand new transmission

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
Well 5k later I got my rapture back new transmission. From what the mechanic stayed I had an overheating issue which cause the oil to burn and really did some with to the transmission.1st, 3rd 4th, 5th gears were a mess. Right now I'm finding it and it feels so different feel like I have more torque more power. Not sure if it's just me cuz I missed my Raptor.

raptr1

Reaction score
Well 5k later I got my rapture back new transmission. From what the mechanic stayed I had an overheating issue which cause the oil to burn and really did some with to the transmission.1st, 3rd 4th, 5th gears were a mess. Right now I'm finding it and it feels so different feel like I have more torque more power. Not sure if it's just me cuz I missed my Raptor.

what was your average trans temp usually at? For oil to burn it has to be way over 240 degrees. My gauge always shows I am between 195-205 depending on the terrain I drive in, so I can’t see how you got way hotter temps. Pulling heavy trailer at high speeds?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will heat up pretty hot if you are pushing off road. At around 110mph mine start to climb to the point I have to slow it down to preserve the trans. Saudi cooler helps.

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
The only thing I pull are my two jet skies. But the temps always reads around 195. I do push it hard here in El Paso we have some good trails to haul ***