More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why MPT won't sell to California... oh well, I will have to give my money to someone else. Suggestions?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't understand why MPT won't sell to California... oh well, I will have to give my money to someone else. Suggestions?

I can’t tell if you are being serious or not.

2 things California has a long term plan to ban - internal combustion engines and firearms. They can’t get there yet, but what they can do is make owning them expensive, difficult and legally challenging. Part of that strategy is to basically end modifications to the engines, including the programming. Their byzantine regulations are a compliance regime all to themselves, and frankly it is better for all Americans if companies do the same thing, because the way it works now - everyone else pays the amortization to comply with California’s Bat shit crazy, regulations.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there were law suits filed by the CARB against companies that sold products that did not have OE numbers, even if they were marketed for off road use because most of the buyers did not use it for only off road? If someone knows the specific case, I’d be interested to read it. I think the responsibility is on the owner, not the seller and as far as I know there is no laws that prevent these things from being sold in CA, I think most vendors just don’t want to deal with the legalities.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t tell if you are being serious or not.

2 things California has a long term plan to ban - internal combustion engines and firearms. They can’t get there yet, but what they can do is make owning them expensive, difficult and legally challenging. Part of that strategy is to basically end modifications to the engines, including the programming. Their byzantine regulations are a compliance regime all to themselves, and frankly it is better for all Americans if companies do the same thing, because the way it works now - everyone else pays the amortization to comply with California’s Bat shit crazy, regulations.

Dead serious. Your rant is not helpful though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was going to suggest coordinating with an FRF member in a free state, but are’t the fines for CARB violations into the 6 digits now?

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going to do MPT but because of the CA issues I am also looking at Gearhead. Wondering how it will compare. Sounds good. I spoke to Gearhead and they were very helpful. The owner has a Gen II Raptor that was used to develop the tune... I am guessing he put some time into the tune. I just don't know anyone running it yet. I would like to hear from a few people running it.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have it and will post a full review soon.

Stay tuned

Was going to do MPT but because of the CA issues I am also looking at Gearhead. Wondering how it will compare. Sounds good. I spoke to Gearhead and they were very helpful. The owner has a Gen II Raptor that was used to develop the tune... I am guessing he put some time into the tune. I just don't know anyone running it yet. I would like to hear from a few people running it.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just have the MPT tune shipped to a friend/family members house outside of CA and request it ship via USPS.

Then go online and have USPS re-route it to your home address which is around $10-12