More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok....

I know I've posted a lot in bits and pieces. I wanted to get the info out to everyone in real time.

I've now done local driving, city type driving, and long distance (80mi one way).

It's that good. Adaptive cruise is giving me no issues. Works as intended. My highway mpg is back up to 16.5. The power exceeds 5 star by my interpretation. Again.... no disrespect to them... but the pull is incredible now.... not only that but it pulls harder in the upper rpm range and at higher speeds. Rolling on the throttle at 75mph is night and day different.

It breaks the tires loose on a dry street in 1, 2 and 3. I'm not exaggerating to sell anything. This is new. I have never driven a truck that cracks the tires loose shifting into 3 at almost 60mph.

Here is the best part though... it's manners are like a refined performance vehicle. The shift logic is brilliant and all the throttle characteristics and power delivery qualities are user friendly and daily driver worthy. The biggest thing that wasn't working for me with 5 star was the refinement and driving enjoyment factor... the power was there... but the city tune was super mellow and the shift logic was strange. The performance tune was super wild but it was totally impractical for me to drive around town. The hard downshifts, the overrevving gears.... the excess engine breaking... I could barely coast with it...

For me this is a home run and I couldn't be happier.
Their customer service has been outrageous too. I was told MPT were ecoboost legends and so that's why I gave them a shot. This was my last shot at using a portable tuner at home to get what I want. If this didn't work out I was going to mail away to livernois or whipple. This tune is legendary and I'm not mailing anything anywhere.

In my mind it's that good. Ford should contact them and buy whatever changes they made because it's on another level.

Hope that helps folks in their quest for performance! And to the guy looking for a smarter transmission and better throttle response to fix the stock shortfalls... this is it. Buy it and you'll never look back.

Do you have any other mods? Performance wise ?

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't have a good rep with the diesel guys, not sure 'bout this platform, but I do know they don't have much presence... fwiw

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any other mods? Performance wise ?

Just a Catback and CAI.

I won't go any further. With this tune... I'm happy.

No doubt bigger turbos and Switzer will make insane power but that is more than I'm up for investing for sure.

I'll be honest.... I'm loving how drivable this thing is now and would be afraid to mess with it further too.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, at least with the diesel guys I know. They say B.D. is overpriced and underwhelming, they say there's much better out there.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone tried Bully Dog custom tune yet?

I'd stay away from them. They were the first to the market with Ecoboost F150 tunes back in 2011. I read about a few people on f150forum frying their PCMs running Bully Dog tuners.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a Catback and CAI.

I won't go any further. With this tune... I'm happy.

No doubt bigger turbos and Switzer will make insane power but that is more than I'm up for investing for sure.

I'll be honest.... I'm loving how drivable this thing is now and would be afraid to mess with it further too.

What CAI?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFE MAGNUM GT I think it's called.