More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
hahahahahahaha i was wondering why his avatar had changed.... this explains a lot.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Birdman, this song is dedicated for you
yumad.jpg

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you should be happy humvee, your avatar is a little less gay than what it used to be now.

Wonder what the poll results were from the NAIAS with the 3.5 in the Raptor.

ARRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a f150 Lariet Supercrew with EcoBoost, it ran like a bat out of hell. I think it would be a good fit for the Raptor. I'm like some others though.....SOUND! There is nothing like a V8 sound!!!! :Grenade:

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't beat the sound of a V8 and that supercharger whine!!!

On a side note...

I'm stationed in Guam and have seen more raptors here than when I was in VA.

I have seen a orange scab, orange screw, black screw, a blue scab, and my wife swears she has seen a red screw here, but I have yet to see it. When I first arrived I was like what the hell! I wanted to be the first raptor on the island haha

When I do get my raptor the whipple 2.9L kit will be going in!

Back to the op,

I would like to see a 5.0 Eco but I say just make the bottom end of the 6.2L with some forged internals and add some boost by way of supercharger. Ford knows the area very well with the past vehicles like the lightning, cobras, and now the gt500s. Look how long it took to develop the Eco with all the R&D and with some of the problems they are having. Besides the diesel and we all know some of the problems with the 6.0 and 6.4(I know they were not ford developed)turbo charging let alone twin turbo charging and direct injection is fairly new to ford in gasoline engines. I say give it a few more years to work out all the minor issues and then they will be bulletproof. Until then I will stick with the a V8 and a good and trusted aftermarket supercharger if I want to add boost.

MP2

Reaction score
I love the sound of a big V-8 and generally prefer the reliability and low end torque provided by bigger displacement, naturally aspirated engines over smaller boosted ones, especially in a truck. That being said, I can't dispute the fact that the F-150s with the Eco-Boost motor are quicker than the Raptor and it supposedly makes more torque. Also it gets a lot better fuel economy, however, a guy at my local Ford dealership stated that it doesn't do much better than the 6.2 L if the stock trucks are fitted with bigger tires and lower axle ratios, etc. Regardless, here's a pretty compelling youtube video from an outfit called SDHQ, who have put together their own Eco-Raptor:

SDHQ's Twin-Turbo Eco-Raptor - TUNED - YouTube

Seriously, the only 3 things I don't like about my 6.2 L Raptor SCREW is the 13 mpg I'm getting in mixed hwy / city driving, the lack of low end torque (compared to my previous '01 Ram Cummins TD), and the lack of a manual transmission option (also compared to my Ram, which had a nice 5 speed stick that was great fun to shift, except in city traffic). A supercharger would be great fun, but the truck already cost me too much and already gets such abysmal mileage, plus I'd sure hate to void my warranty.