Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Discussion in '2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by BIRDMAN, Jan 14, 2012.

1. bstoner59

bstoner59 does it come in shmedium?

Only 1 time...the 2010 Raptor! It was a break in tradition for SVT to have 2 engine choices because the emphasis wasn't on the motor. I'm pretty sure the reason was partially due to the issue of the 6.2 not being ready for production but Ford still did it. If you think about it the Raptor is the first SVT vehicle to share the exact same engine with other models. I'm not saying that Ford would but I think they are more in tune with the market than in the past and willing to listen to customer demands and adjust accordingly. If there is a way to make money and make customers happy I think Ford is more than willing to buck the trend and try something new.

2. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

Yes, you could order the 5.4L or the 6.2L but once the 6.2L was out you could not order the 5.4L anymore. As far as I saw both engines were not available at the same time. That was the way it was when I ordered mine. I could wait for the 6.2L but, if I wanted the truck sooner I had to get the 5.4L

3. DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris Full Access Member

I find it odd that it took 47 posts before someone even mentioned the best option-

the 5.0 Ecoboost. The 5.0 is already built for an ecoboost application, and I would be shocked if you dont see it out in at least one 2015 model. I have heard outstanding things coming up! If you would like to hear more, come to the CenTex-SVT event in San Marcos, TX. We will have a very special guest from Ford performance, John Clor, and Im sure there will be some aggresive driving being done out at Harris Hill! smcevents.com for more info!

4. Vash

Vash Full Access Member

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd be perfectly fine with a 500hp NA 6.2l like what was in the Raptor R or a truck-oriented variant of the upcoming 5.8l from the upcoming GT500. I'd basically prefer displacement to a certain degree vs. forced induction.

5. CineSLR

CineSLR Roaming Shutterbug

Ford needs to go back to the days of using the lower production Lightning to test out the new Cobra motors. This time around, lets get the TT5.0L in the Raptor first!! I honestly don't care what the next motor is, I just want it to have direct fuel injection and BOOOOOST.

6. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

Cant agree with more!!!!

7. 6.2

6.2 Banned

Supercharger>turbo charger

8. f16YODA

f16YODA Full Access Member

x2!:waytogo:

9. CineSLR

CineSLR Roaming Shutterbug

Eh,
    They both have pluses and minuses...

S/Cs are simpler and are good for off the line grunt, but when you have an engine as large as these V8s turbo lag is virtually nil. Turbos allow for more boost, better cooling, and they also give the computer complete control over how much extra puff to send down the pipe.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  10. 6.2

6.2 Banned

When I think turbo, I see ricers.
    When I think supercharger, I think badass American muscle.