Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Discussion in '2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by BIRDMAN, Jan 14, 2012.

1. HARLEY6LF250SDU

HARLEY6LF250SDU FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

How about 2 Engine options?

3.5L Ecoboost and 6.2L V-8

randy

bcjohnson22 likes this.
  2. Humvee21

Humvee21 FRF Addict

If I had never driven a 6.2 Raptor before, I'd choose the Ecoboost to save my wallet.

3. IRONMAN

IRONMAN Administrator Staff Member Admin Super Mod

I think this would be a great idea. Let the people decide what they want.

4. The Tank

The Tank FRF Addict

Personally I'm over the EB Raptor thing. Ford talked big about a diesel F-150 by 2010 the LR 4.4L diesel is built at the same plant as the 6.7PSD. So I want to see the diesel in an F-150 finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. debate

debate Full Access Member

Taurus SHO motor v F250 motor...? Hahaha!

This red herring display is only evidence of how poorly the 3.5TT performs in the current F150 models. FoMoCo marketing is trying to use a "Raptor endorsement" to hide a big f'up.

6. Danner

Danner Member

The ecoboost is twice the engine that the 2 valve choked 6.2 is. You can upgrade the eco for way more power for way less than the 6.2.

I doubt you would hear much turbo from a stock truck. Throw on a intake and you would hear it for sure.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

If you had a diesel you would pay at least a 3k premium when you bought the truck (even more if you financed the truck as far as interest) then at the pump you pay around 80 cents more per gallon and get 2-4 mpg better than gas.

Not to mention all the smog crap these days and maybe adding DEF fluid. Diesel no thanks! I only want a diesel in commercial truck. Consumer vehicles dont have a need for diesel 90% of the time.

Diesels run hot, they stink, they are loud as hell and have higher maintaince bills

TrukBoatTruk likes this.
  7. debate

debate Full Access Member

FoMoCo Offroad Adventure displayed diesel Raptor at the 2011 Farm Progress Show in Decature, Illinois. Roped off, no photos allowed, engine ran for ten minutes. Heard they started it three times that day.

8. Conejoracer

Conejoracer Full Access Member

I would have to agree, I owned a 2002 and 2005 diesel Superduties. Between the two, I had them 10 years and 236k miles. I did not have any reliability issues whatsoever, but the higher maintenance cost combined with the fuel cost finally wore me down. They are a bit noisy and smelly, but they will haul almost anything to anywhere. If you are always hauling/towing a load, the diesel cannot be beat. If you only haul/tow large loads occasionally, the gas motor is far cheaper in the long run.
    As for an Ecoboost Raptor, I'm intrigued, but I'm not convinced its a better engine just yet.

9. The Tank

The Tank FRF Addict

The EB F-150 is outselling everything. I don't see where they need a Raptor endorsement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Tank

The Tank FRF Addict