More Deaver questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
Hello Deaver experts. There’s already a lot of good Deaver advise here however I want to make sure my specific suspension needs are met.

I am aware that some of the following information I’ll be sharing will likely have me Roasted BTW but I really need honest opinions. .

I own a 2020 Raptor with 12,000 miles. We purchased it with a SCA performance 4” lift (roast away ). Everything else is stock. The truck has 37’s. I live in Colorado, far away from sand dunes and miles upon miles of desert terrain so I’m enjoying some of the mountain specific aspects of this current set up.

I’ll be driving it with a continuous 500lb bed weight that includes a rack, a roof top tent and a Decked drawer system. It’s looking like a 2” reverse rake which is too much for my liking and other obvious reasons. I would prefer a level truck but a 1/2 inch to a max 1” reverse rake is maybe more acceptable.

Reading up on my options, I’ve read about Icon, and Deaver leaf springs and Air bags as options to provide support and rise for the back end. Currently, I can get +3 HD Deaver springs but the +4 HD are not available.

With the lift and stock front end, would Deaver +3 HD be enough to insure a level and more sturdy back end?

Is the +3 HD and possibly air bags an option? Or is using airbags just a stupid idea?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thoughts? CFB4DC74-79D3-43A8-9F53-AD95FE93AA48.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The plus 3's should do the trick, but its hard to be sure because of the lift kit you have. I have plus 3hd on mine and it holds the weight in the box and for towing, so I can't see why it wouldn't work for you. The aftermarket springs were designed to be an upgrade for stock springs on a stock Raptor, not a lifted Raptor, so you will have to take somewhat of a chance that it will sit as designed.

OP
OP
jakerjaker19

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
The plus 3's should do the trick, but its hard to be sure because of the lift kit you have. I have plus 3hd on mine and it holds the weight in the box and for towing, so I can't see why it wouldn't work for you. The aftermarket springs were designed to be an upgrade for stock springs on a stock Raptor, not a lifted Raptor, so you will have to take somewhat of a chance that it will sit as designed.
Thanks for the reply. I agree that the sticking point is the lift but not sure I have too many other options.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a few members that have what you have, minus the lift, roof top tent, etc. Most have upgraded to plus 3 deavers. Hopefully they chime in.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooooo most people do the +3 Deavers because they have one of the front lift spring options. So bout 1.5-2" lift over OE in front. To bring the back up to level, They go with the Deaver +3 SD or HD leafs. Those are supposed to provide about a 1" lift. Only 1" lift because the OE CHEESE DI<K lifting blocks are about 2" and removed upon install of the Deavers. You never EVER NEVER want lift blocks between your axle and leafs. Nothing good happens and I can't for the life of me figure out why any ford "engineer" would sign off on them other than some bean counter overriding them.

However, CALL (don't email, PM, DM, facebook whatever) Deaver direct and they will make you the perfect fit. Can't get any better than that!

For your information. I run Deaver +2HDs with OE front springs. I am just an asshair raked, and dead nuts level with a few hundred pounds in the back.

Exploro

Reaction score
Hi, I have more weight than that in the back. I called Deaver and told them what I’m doing and they made me a custom +750lbs spring set. The truck looks and feels perfect now.

OP
OP
jakerjaker19

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
Hi, I have more weight than that in the back. I called Deaver and told them what I’m doing and they made me a custom +750lbs spring set. The truck looks and feels perfect now.
Thanks for the reply, is you’re truck already lifted? My concern is Deavers doing a custom leaf for a 4” lift. zeusmotorworks brings up an interesting point regarding the standard deaver build replaces the stock 2” lift block. Mines a “6 lift block.

OP
OP
jakerjaker19

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
:sorry: Better not drive it hard. The two inch block causes problems. I can't even imagine how badly it drives with a 6" block.
Wow...Like Fire and Brimstone? You have no vision to share of my catastrophe? :) In my post I've noted I need clearance for my area of travel....have a lift, and im interested ways to assist Sag.