More bad information being advertised...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're perfectly making my point for me. If everything else in that first was never posted in the first place, and it consisted of ONLY those 5 points, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And since it sounds like we agree that those 5 points are what matters, why bother to post the other stuff? Its... distracting... at best.

Do you see how differently that would have come off to your potential customer? Night and day...

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence. A confidence artist is an individual operating alone or in concert with others who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty and honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naivety and greed."

It's a fine line you are walking.. I understand your point, but to others might take it as bashing others to gain confidence of forum members.

-Greg

Agreed...

I have just become soo feed up with the daily conversations about what is being said about certain products... Once I read the same bad information that was being told to me actually written on their web site I took offense and drew the line in the sand... Did I take it too far? Most people think so.. But like it has been said before.. “That’s it! That's all I can stands I can't stands it no more!”

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

You're perfectly making my point for me. If everything else in that first was never posted in the first place, and it consisted of ONLY those 5 points, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And since it sounds like we agree that those 5 points are what matters, why bother to post the other stuff? Its... distracting... at best.

Do you see how differently that would have come off to your potential customer? Night and day...

OK.. So I don't have a magical way with my keyboard... Are my 5 points wrong? Or does the music from my keyboard over shadow them so much that we can't talk about them anymore? Can you show me how I should have brought up the 5 points correctly?

commandershepard

Professional Player Hater
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Got some knowledge to share? Awesome! Lets hear it. Got some facts to pass on? Please do! Got some fight to pick with vendor XYZ? No thanks.

:cheers:

This is exactly what I was going for with my post. I didn't want you to SELL me your product at all, just wanted to know what your basis on things are since you are ousting other companies as being the big bad guys and liars etc, and why these are lies instead of hocking your product and why it's better.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK.. So I don't have a magical way with my keyboard... Are my 5 points wrong? Or does the music from my keyboard over shadow them so much that we can't talk about them anymore?
Hah! That I can't answer. Your customers will though, that's for sure :cheers:

PS: Vendor XYZ... if you're reading this please do us all a favor and DO NOT respond to the 'other' stuff. Stick to your section, address the information and facts, and leave the "hot vendor on vendor" action off these forums. FRF is not a battle field. We won't play host to any wars.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting on specifics and proven stats. Making accusations is pointless. I am a sponsored road racer. I understand IAT's, airflow, aerodynamics, structural integrity and general mechanics. I have personally dealt with and built heat exchangers, power steering coolers, and transmission cooler systems. Simply saying that your transmission cooler works does not cut it. I have seen it too many times from various vendors in with the Mustangs. I want proof. Simply taking your word for it does not cut it with me nor with the majority of the people on these forums. As stated previously, we all talk to each other. In the meaning of "WE"..I mean the consumers. Not coming from the desert scene, those of us back East all know about the bitching, moaning, and to a point, the contempt between the various vendors on these boards and those not on these boards. I am not picking a fight with anyone. I simply want some proof that one is superior to another. You and ORP use the same cooler. It all comes down to the mounting and where the heat is going. I have yet to see the advantages and disadvantages discussed in the different mounting of the same cooler. This is what I and others probably want to read, think about and then make an evaluation based upon on that information to suit each persons specific needs.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SDHQ, I'm with you. Your still tops with me. I need to get better at saying less also. But you warned us!!

I am very pleased hat you brought this out publicly rather than thru private messages and e-mails. This way we at least know some questions to ask when we search for product info.

I thank-you for bringing this to my attention.

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am still waiting on specifics and proven stats. Making accusations is pointless. I am a sponsored road racer. I understand IAT's, airflow, aerodynamics, structural integrity and general mechanics. I have personally dealt with and built heat exchangers, power steering coolers, and transmission cooler systems. Simply saying that your transmission cooler works does not cut it. I have seen it too many times from various vendors in with the Mustangs. I want proof. Simply taking your word for it does not cut it with me nor with the majority of the people on these forums. As stated previously, we all talk to each other. In the meaning of "WE"..I mean the consumers. Not coming from the desert scene, those of us back East all know about the bitching, moaning, and to a point, the contempt between the various vendors on these boards and those not on these boards. I am not picking a fight with anyone. I simply want some proof that one is superior to another. You and ORP use the same cooler. It all comes down to the mounting and where the heat is going. I have yet to see the advantages and disadvantages discussed in the different mounting of the same cooler. This is what I and others probably want to read, think about and then make an evaluation based upon on that information to suit each persons specific needs.

We actually use different coolers.. I'm not here to sell you my cooler set up.. I am on here to call bs to my product being bashed by another vendor. Take a look at my points that I made in the beginning and listed below. Let me know which you would like me to address further.

Here are just the 5 points I brought up and the long travel issue.. These are taken right from their website.
the 4R60 transmission.
as well as not occupy much real estate under the hood.
The integrated 9" SPAL Fan provides ample airflow and also pushes air into the factory radiator
"NOT TO THE BUMPER" bumper mounted coolers will fail with any skid plate ot bumper impact.
Core mounted behind grill. NOT BUMPER. Front impact safe.

And our input on the above information....

1- The Raptor has a 6r80 not a 4r60

2- Take a look at the picture below, it does impact air flow getting to the radiator. Recently we had fabricated a new bumper for a customer and we had moved his trans cooler up a bit from where it normally is between the frame horns. We had 50% of the trans cooler in front of the lower section of the radiator. Looking at it we did not think it would effect air flow and cause any heating issues. To our surprise it did increase his engine temps by 10-15 degrees when he was offroading. This didn't cause his motor to over heat just to run warmer than normal. We remounted the cooler and his temps are back to normal. If our 50% of a cooler caused that type of change in temps...
ORP%207-8-30000_img2.jpg

3- The air you are "pushing" into the radiator has gone through the transmission cooler. If your tranny temps are going to be in the 170-220 range the air that you are "pushing" into the radiator is going to be how hot? Also adding just a fan to the front of the radiator can block air flow and hurt your cooling rather than help it. You are adding not only a fan but a cooler and a shroud.

4- Our mount is designed to fit between the frame horn and is protected by the bumper. If you are running our winch mount we have a different lower mount for you that is protected by our skid plate. The cooler does not mount on the skid plate but is rather protected by the skid plate.

SDHQ behind the bumper mount-

TRANSCOOLER1.jpg
TransFront2.jpg
TransFront.jpg

SDHQ lower mount-

TRANSCOOLER2-1.jpg
TRANSCOOLER1-1.jpg
LOWANGLEFRONTBUMPER.jpg
FRONT.jpg

5- If a person is going to get into an accident that causes the bumper to crush our cooler you will also be vulnerable with a cooler behind the grille. Also see my #4 post

And the long travel issue-

From their post - "and feature one inch Uniballs and 4130 machined spacers for all the pivot points. No sloppy bushings here! :baby: "

Their selling point is we we use bushings and they use uniballs... We actually use delrin in the lower arms not a poly bushing. We chose to use delrin for a couple reasons.. Delrin is actually much harder than the poly bushing it was claimed we were using... It will also out last the uniball in the frame side lower arm... We designed our lower arms with exact tolerances... We do not need the additional misalignment that is given when using a uniball to align the lower arms... No sloppy bushings here...

The above quote might be the way Big J was telling me I should have done this to begin with... I see your point!

If these points were not also made directly to customers I would not have made such a big deal about it.. The fact is they have told customers specifically incorrect things about our transmission coolers and our long travel.. Then they go and post their "facts" for all to see and perhaps believe... How can I not call them out on it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.