More bad information being advertised...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My only qualm is that you are busy calling out other companies instead of differentiating yourself based solely on merits of your own products? Instead of saying "HEY THESE GUYS SUCK AND HERES WHY", maybe just tell me why your product is superior? As someone new to the whole truck stuff honestly I just go on what looks better than the other one.

I'm not trying to sell you my product over theirs.. I am pointing out what they advertise is wrong, incorrect, misleading... IMO this happens way to much on these boards...

The vendor in question has spoken to members of the forums and emailed them specifically about our products and given them wrong information to help sell their products. What I have quoted above is from their website / forums that they have posted. Now that it is in the public view I have decided to bring it to the attention of the community.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not trying to sell you my product over theirs.. I am pointing out what they advertise is wrong, incorrect, misleading... IMO this happens way to much on these boards...
It would be great if you'd stop generalizing. Again, if you're right this forum would have to be made up of some awfully dumb folks. I think we can both agree, its not. Therefore they, we, deserve a little more credit that you seem to be giving.

The vendor in question has spoken to members of the forums and emailed them specifically about our products and given them wrong information to help sell their products. What I have quoted above is from their website / forums that they have posted. Now that it is in the public view I have decided to bring it to the attention of the community.
Again, give even just a sliver of more credit to the folks of this forum. In my experience, they typically have a fairly tuned "BS meter". The bummer for you is right now its that same meter your intentions are being measured with. After all, its the same audience reading and responding to this thread, that you're saying needs help seeing truth. And yet look how your comments are being received. It would seem your assumptions about this audience are... misguided.

Got some knowledge to share? Awesome! Lets hear it. Got some facts to pass on? Please do! Got some fight to pick with vendor XYZ? No thanks.

:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My solution which was done over a year ago was to change to a better fluid and use a larger by 3qt finned for cooling, pan. :Nonono:NEVER:Nonono::emotions122::banghead: would I restrict the airflow through the heat exchangers as is done by one of the mounts in one of the pictures above.

I drove mine in 114 heat in desert conditions at the ranch in NM 2 weekends ago with the AC running the entire time for about 6 hours with the truck never getting turned off. The most I saw on mine was 215 with the majority being 200-205. After 3 or 4 minutes on the highway in the 110 heat going in to Carlsbad it went down to 195 and stayed.

Do what you want but for the average bubba who has a street queen Raptor think long and hard before you go the cool route and add things that may or may not be wise---just think about it.

BTW I have a thread about cleaning the heat exchangers posted.

Will agree that the "lift Kits" are not dumb they are STUPID!

The pans work well and are a fix for a lot of people, that's why we carry them. The heat exchanger actually gets more air flow with our upgraded lower skid plate with or with out the cooler. There is actually less air restricted my our bumper mounted cooler than there is with running a led in your lower bumper. We have seen zero effects in regards to air flow issues in these instances and the heat exchanger.

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It would be great if you'd stop generalizing. Again, if you're right this forum would have to be made up of some awfully dumb folks. I think we can both agree, its not. Therefore they, we, deserve a little more credit that you seem to be giving.

Again, give even just a sliver of more credit to the folks of this forum. In my experience, they typically have a fairly tuned "BS meter". The bummer for you is right now its that same meter your intentions are being measured with. After all, its the same audience reading and responding to this thread, that you're saying needs help seeing truth. And yet look how you're comments are being received. It would seem your assumptions about this audience are... misguided.

Got some knowledge to share? Awesome! Lets hear it. Got some facts to pass on? Please do! Got some fight to pick with vendor XYZ? No thanks.

:cheers:
No bummer for me... Your "meter" is what it is.. My products, knowledge, satisfied customers give me the "meter" reading I need.

What you are saying is that everyone on this forum understands everything there is to know about the Raptor? That when a vendor tells them something wrong or advertising something incorrectly it is picked up by everyone here? It's a non-spoken understanding? So it's ok for your paying vendors to give out bad information? When that bad information is brought up it is defended and the person bringing it up is wrong?

My facts are stated in the first post I made in this thread.. Not picking a fight.. Pointing out the wrong...

IMO the fight was really picked when wrong information about my product was told over and over to consumers and then again in the attempt to call it out on their website.. I'm clearing the air and putting an end to their bs sales practices...

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pans work well and are a fix for a lot of people, that's why we carry them. The heat exchanger actually gets more air flow with our upgraded lower skid plate with or with out the cooler. There is actually less air restricted my our bumper mounted cooler than there is with running a led in your lower bumper. We have seen zero effects in regards to air flow issues in these instances and the heat exchanger.

Well I am sorry I posted but some people here know what I do and I have actually watched wind tunnel testing and your claim is suspect.

The above statement is just from your seat of the pants feel---there is now way that you have emperical test data to support your conclusions. For you to say that the reduction in air flow over a period of days, months or years will cause no problems is ill advised. For those of you who may have an issue with anything in the engine bay and Ford tells you it is because of heat and specifically the lack of airflow then you are SOL unless someone else is going to step up and cover it....

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well I am sorry I posted but some people here know what I do and I have actually watched wind tunnel testing and your claim is suspect.

The above statement is just from your seat of the pants feel---there is now way that you have emperical test data to support your conclusions. For you to say that the reduction in air flow over a period of days, months or years will cause no problems is ill advised. For those of you who may have an issue with anything in the engine bay and Ford tells you it is because of heat and specifically the lack of airflow then you are SOL unless someone else is going to step up and cover it....

The facts are..
The SDHQ lower skid plate allows more air flow to the heat exchanger.
The SDHQ lower skid plate and lower transmission cooler allows more air flow to the heat exchanger.
The SDHQ transmission cooler in the oem bumper does not block as much air as the standard 20" led bar installed in the opening.
I have not had a single customer show higher temps because of the bumper transmission cooler or the lower led bar.

My assumption based on feed back from customers and our own testing..
We have not seen any ill-effects when running a bumper mounted transmission cooler or a 20" led bar in the lower bumper.

If an issue is ever seen you bet we will be on the fix asap

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you are saying is that everyone on this forum understands everything there is to know about the Raptor?
Heh nope. :laughing1:

That when a vendor tells them something wrong or advertising something incorrectly it is picked up by everyone here? It's a non-spoken understanding?
Wrong again! What I see happen more often than not is either that handy dandy search feature get used, or a new thread/post is made asking questions. That's one of the great things about a format like these forums. We don't have to take your, or any other vendor's word for it.

So it's ok for your paying vendors to give out bad information? When that bad information is brought up it is defended and the person bringing it up is wrong?
When did you and I switch from discussing your delivery method to the defense or contradiction of the info you're sharing?

But I'll answer your first question anyway: it is NOT ok for anyone to give out "bad information". The trouble is, what exactly is "bad information"? Why take your word for it over vendor XYZs? What makes you right, and them wrong?

Now before you get all hot and bothered trying to answer that question, please understand it's rhetorical. The truth is it is NOT FRF's job to police such things, and more importantly it is not the job of one vendor to police another. Ya see, we have this thriving community of dedicated members who love this stuff, and consider it all a hobby or maybe even a passion. These guys and gals handle that job far far better than you, I or anyone else who has financial interest in the subject at hand could ever hope to. They'll take your opinion, they take vendor XYZ's opinion, and the dozens of other members' opinions to help formulate their own opinion based on all that input. Its an interactive, iterative process and in my experience, that process happens daily, even hourly here on these forums.

I just don't see the mindless mass of a mob you claim swallows "bad" information by the gallons.

So again, to be clear: please by all means share your experience, knowledge thoughts and opinions. We need that sort of expertise. But if education is truly your goal, please present that info in a way that doesn't make us also suspect your motivations. Because, unfortunately right or wrong, when your motives are called into question as in this case, the quality of your experience and opinions can (maybe unfairly) take a back seat and get lost in the muck.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence. A confidence artist is an individual operating alone or in concert with others who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty and honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naivety and greed."

It's a fine line you are walking.. I understand your point, but to others might take it as bashing others to gain confidence of forum members.

-Greg

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
But if education is truly your goal, please present that info in a way that doesn't make us also suspect your motivations. Because, unfortunately right or wrong, when your motives are called into question as in this case, the quality of your experience and opinions can (maybe unfairly) take a back seat and get lost in the muck.

I made is as clear as I could in the first post of this thread.. I high lighted the 5 areas of concern that were filled with wrong and I then went on to talk about how the 5 were wrong. You can call my motives into question all you want.. But take a look again at the 5 highlighted and answered areas.. Let me know where I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.