Moonroof leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shoottherock

Reaction score
Before you do anything I would check the drain holes and see if they are plugged up. Easy fix if that is the problem just take an air gun and blow them out.

What foo said is right the sunroof will leak but you should never see the leak because it should drain out the holes.

I guess I err like the other poster, I don't think I should see a steady stream under a slow garden hose

I'm hoping others post videos of theirs, I can't tell how much is normal

daaaaaan

Reaction score
Look over at the F150 forums, tons of moonroof leaks/rattles/issues, along with some good fixes.

I learned my lesson with my 15 Platinum, and did not order one on my Raptor.

Snakedriver

Reaction score
I ordered mine without the roof. I don't use them and over time there going to have issues.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my gen 1 there was no seal from the window to the roof. It was a close fit but no actual seal. Water would come in and drain accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been to the shop 4 times for this. First time said it didn't leak. Second time fixed and replaced the seal on the sliding moonroof. 3 was to adjust the entire moonroof to sit flush with the roof. 4 was for the sensitivity of the roof. All these were issues I pointed out. The dealer didn't know or find any of them. Good luck as I just let my drip. Nothing gets inside the truck. And mine don't leak like that.

psufan

Reaction score
The more and more I think about it, I just plan to ditch the pano moon roof for my '18. I rarely use them, and the leak/squeak/rattle issue would bug me over time.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 802a with no panoramic roof. No leaks, no rattles and it's lighter.

I'm almost at 900 miles with ZERO issues and nothing but smiles!!

Sasquatch likes the **** outa this.

Mark Carhart

Reaction score
I had a leak on my 2014 Screw coming out of the passenger side a-pillar grab handle and then onto the floor mat and carpet. I removed the a-pillar trim, the visor, cleaned the drain hose, and then zip tied the drain hose onto the moonroof drain tray nipple - so far problem solved.