Moonroof leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the moon roof tray is intact and the hoses for the channels don't get clogged, you won't have any leaks into the cabin. Unfortunately this is how moon roofs are designed these days. This is how it was at least for my GTI. Part of the reason I didn't get one for an "off-road" truck. Just asking for problems. Especially when quality isn't what it use to be.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All these type of roofs leak, that's why there is drain channel.

Are you kidding me???

I have owned several vehicles with moon roofs and NEVER had ANY leak.

Now granted, none were American made so maybe the difference.

OP
OP
S

shoottherock

Reaction score
In a high pressure wash scenario some water getting past the seals is ok (thats why there are drains installed inside the cab) but in a low pressure situation like driving in the rain or washing with a garden hose and nozzle zero water should be getting in.

I agree. I know the gutters are there for a reason, but under normal stuff like a hose wash or rain, I shouldn't see this much.

Problem is the only other Raptor at the dealership is doing the same thing so the dealer sees it as normal.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
All these type of roofs leak, that's why there is drain channel.

Before you do anything I would check the drain holes and see if they are plugged up. Easy fix if that is the problem just take an air gun and blow them out.

What foo said is right the sunroof will leak but you should never see the leak because it should drain out the holes.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me???

I have owned several vehicles with moon roofs and NEVER had ANY leak.

Now granted, none were American made so maybe the difference.

All usually do "leak." By leak we don't mean into the cabin. That's what the channels are for.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A small amount leaking into the channel is normal, what you show, a steady stream, isn't. Take it in.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Skylites are just a pain in the ass waiting to happen. I was a contractor for many years and any holes in the roof will eventually leak. House or car, you couldn't give me one. I rejected several F150's (with skylites) 2 months back when I was looking for an FX4 for daily use. That $1200 bought a heavy duty tow package and some other extras.