Moonroof Issue, Advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer, it was under warranty.
Thank you. Clearly this Ford moonroof issue is not only for older models but also newer ones STILL in warranty. My problem is that I rarely use my 2013...still only 27K miles. Moonroof got damaged in spring of 2022.
More likely if I have used it daily I would have had this problem STILL UNDER WARRANTY!

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Clearly this Ford moonroof issue is not only for older models but also newer ones STILL in warranty. My problem is that I rarely use my 2013...still only 27K miles. Moonroof got damaged in spring of 2022.
More likely if I have used it daily I would have had this problem STILL UNDER WARRANTY!
There is no way I would let anyone other than the dealer work on that part of the truck. At least they have to fix it till it’s right. To me, if its not under warranty I would still pay them. Just my 2cents.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would avoid having the headliner removed. No leaks …why potentially make one.
I agree about the headliner to be removed. there are though so many (even on YouTube) that state that headliner MUST be removed to repair the moonroof. My take is this: what is broken are the plastic parts, the track is metal and is OK. The kit has the metal brackets, and the plastic pieces. If glass is OK...the kit should do the job. But this is a very finicky job. If you know what you're doing it's about 2 hours job. The dealers will replace everything (glass included) and will charge more than $2K. I am not frugal...but not STUPID...and refuse to pay that money for this job.

What ****** me is how come FORD - knowing about this problem for more than 10 years...is DOING NOTHING and problem persists even at newer models.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ****** me is how come FORD - knowing about this problem for more than 10 years...is DOING NOTHING and problem persists even at newer models.
Customers still buy them. So why should they do anything? If I were Ford, I wouldn't as long as the number failing under warranty was manageable. People vote with their dollars. Some are better at money management than others. It's on you to manage your own exposure. If you love a moonroof and are willing to maintain it, you can have one. Ain't America great?