Moon roof seals/maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooooop_ks

Reaction score
Some where I read about lubing the seals on the moon roof. I have not been able to find anything in the manual about how often to lube, where to lube and what to lube with?

STP

Reaction score
My Gen 1 ate the moon roof glass at 90K miles. $2K to fix! I inquired about preventive maintenance on the tracks and service dept. never got back to me so if anyone knows what we should be using...

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing for ALL RUBBER/like RUBBER-synthetic / seals is SILICONE GREESE. Lube seals like twice a year. And if you value your seals stay away from anything with hydrocarbons (like armaoll)sp?) read the labels these rot seals away over time. Ryfm even says it in there, read you’ll see. Silicone freeze simple. It’s even at Walmart and auto parts stores.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing for tracks is
Graphite- you want something that lubes but does not and I repeat does not attract and hold grit grime dirt dust that becomes an abrasive mucky ever thicking destructive paste.
But hey it’s your truck do what you want.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silicone grease- not silicone freeze- stupid autocorrect
Sorry

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Krytox GPL 205 is what you want. I bought it but haven’t gotten around to applying it. It’s pricey but it’s what ford recommends

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Krytox is an excellent product also good to like -50 degrees or so that’s what makes it so expensive