Moisture Inside Rear Cab After Rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Nice. How did you notice it was leaking? Did you have the same symptoms I’m getting?

It‘s odd to me that I don’t feel any wetness or see any staining in the headliner if that’s where it’s coming from. Although it is a black liner so seeing stains might be difficult.
The floor was wet. The headliner wasn’t really wet either. Seems like whatever they used on the back of the liner doesn’t really soak through just runs off.

I dropped the liner and ran some water down. Noticed it running off the tray also.

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
My 2012 was leaking through the rear window somehow. It was REALLY leaking. After a weekend of rain the entire truck was filled with water. Pulled the drain plugs on both sides and rammed a bunch of silicon in the top rubber flap thing of the rear window, all the way across. Fixed the issue.

OP
OP
B

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
My 2012 was leaking through the rear window somehow. It was REALLY leaking. After a weekend of rain the entire truck was filled with water. Pulled the drain plugs on both sides and rammed a bunch of silicon in the top rubber flap thing of the rear window, all the way across. Fixed the issue.
whoa glad you got it fixed. Mine’s more like water stains, no real puddling. I’m going to check the sunroof drains this weekend when I get some time.

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Screw with about 85k miles that I purchased used from a dealership about 8 months ago. In the past 2-3 months approximately I’ve noticed moisture stains and water spots on the rubber mat inside the rear cab after it rains (the truck is parked outside). I’ve felt around the headliner and sunroof after noticing this but it’s never felt wet to me. The moisture is only ever present on the mat inside of the rear of the cab, not anywhere else in the truck.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any ideas as to what could be causing it? I’ve attached some pictures of the moisture for reference.
Mine was leaking in the back as well… the headliner near the back window was soaking wet after rain…. I ran black silicone caulking around the window seal on the outside and that fixed it …

Snuggles

Reaction score
Mine was leaking in the back as well… the headliner near the back window was soaking wet after rain…. I ran black silicone caulking around the window seal on the outside and that fixed it …
I literally found this this morning after seeing this thread. I’d noticed some extra condensation on my interior windows, but headliner around the sunroof felt dry…. Just checked the back and found where it’s coming from.

Either the window or 3rd brake light, I’ll address them both to be safe.

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
whoa glad you got it fixed. Mine’s more like water stains, no real puddling. I’m going to check the sunroof drains this weekend when I get some time.
I bought the truck with 300,000 km on it and in extremely rough shape. Rear window had been leaking for years and was so bad there was mold growing behind the rear seat.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines leaked around these 2 pieces under the headliner. They’re riveted in place and are not secured tight. I was able to see daylight around it when moving it around. I threw some silicone around it and fixed the issue. The silver pieces are where the headliner magnets stick too. there’s a couple more in the rear that also needs some silicone around to seal. Hopefully this helps your issue. I followed a YouTube video
852B262E-849A-464C-BDE1-97D48BC638D6.jpeg