Mods, Mods, Mods....and Questions, Questions, Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ummmm, i smell trolling. If you are soooo concerned about warranty issues, & you “had” a 5 star tune, if it’s the same truck- why exactly take it off now eh? Your entire concern is based around the scenario that a dealer will go to the trouble of digging through your ECM files after a (more than likely) common driveline-related warranty issues comes up.

If you have a gen 2 raptor, & if you you had it tuned, & if your concern is warranty conflict....whether it was on yesterday or 4 months ago If you have a warranty issue & ecm is checked you’re screwed.

Do you not follow this logic? Your responses are suspect.
I’m tuned AND I have a warranty AND I’ve had warranty work done.

Go stock before bringing in. This topic has been beat to death- bottom line, discounting/downplaying what tune does to transform this truck is flat out LYING or ignorance. So it should be called out, period. A tune alone on these vehicles is more potent a performance mod then intake/headers/cam/tune on a 5.0 mustang

nuff said

Badger, this like you said has been beat to death. But, just pulling the tune will NOT assure you your warranty is still intact. I don't care how many ways you sugar coat it. If you "blow" up your Raptor, whether the tune caused it or not, and the dealer finds the original parameters have been "changed" in your ECU (which they CAN tell) you will have to pray your dealer is not required to send ECU scan documentation to FOMOCO. Remember, the dealer is an independently owned franchise. Sure they can repair your vehicle if they want to absorb the cost since FOMOCO will NOT reimburse the said dealer for repairs since ECU\Factory parameters have been altered.

I know first hand this is fact. We have done multiple enhancements and have had issues with some. We have even had to go as far as replacing the ECU in order to get warranty. The ECU records a tremendous amount of data that is encrypted and is discoverable.

Not trying to start a debate as more times than not this is not the case. The misinformation comes from many. The only 100% way to know your warranty will NOT be compromised is to leave the engine 100% stock

Sam