Modernizing my radio...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperCarl

Reaction score
My truck is a 2011, 6.2 super cab, Sony stereo, but no NAV. I realize now I probably should have ordered it to make upgrading easier. I'd like to upgrade my panel to a modern style touch screen that can pair with my phone, still have the steering wheel controls work, sync work, all that stuff. I tried searching for this topic and didn't really see what I was looking for.

Here is a pic of my panel... does anyone know if its possible to swap this to a touch screen style without hacking up the screen above or the wiring harness?

Thanx

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 101

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Mjolnir has a pretty slick setup in his. It was $$$ but it's ultra nice and blows anything OEM out of the water.

Mine was pretty extensive. if you search me on the forums or youtube I did a video on it,

but in short:

I replaced the head unit with the kenwood DNX991 with maestro - this gives me both camera control, TPMS by tire, OBD readouts and errors, and full dash and steering control. it really is a great system. I originally put in the one that had android's system, then apples, then decided both of them are shit and went to the 991 which is Kenwoods deck without either android or apple. They were shit because they took forever to respond, but the stock OS one is fast.

I use the 900 watt/5channel amp.

I have the JL Audio 650 separates in the doors, the 8" mid subs in the rear SCAB doors, each in a custom enclosure, and a dual coil short throw 10" sub in a custom box wher the stock box was (couldn't do full seat as I have a Tuffy box). The dual coil is wired to lower the ohms, sounds great for a single 10"

I also sound proofed the entire interior in Roadkill, mounted a field radio in the sun glass holder with a custom mic mount in the dash. and wired an ****** 9500ci remote radar with laser shifters.

whole setup cost me just north of $7000 from The Steele Shop in Carrollton Texas. those guys know their stuff as my install has been rock solid even with 5 TRR's and 5 Raptoberfests under her.

ping me if you want more detail.