Modding direction/guidance/QUESTIONS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To the OP:
Are you going to take this off road designed truck off road?

If so, I'd recommend some sort of mild front lift (1.5" spacer) and a Deaver spring pak to match your needs...

If your final destination is the local mall then please disregard the above :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
To the OP:
Are you going to take this off road designed truck off road?

If so, I'd recommend some sort of mild front lift (1.5" spacer) and a Deaver spring pak to match your needs...

If your final destination is the local mall then please disregard the above :)

To pile on to what @Loufish is saying... :dogpile:

if you’re going to off road, you might consider either traction bars or similar. The Raptor is hugely competent off road, no doubt. That said, Raptor Assault will illustrate for you in very obvious ways that the rear suspension is vulnerable to axle hop and axle wrap.

There are a couple of traction bar vendors - SVC is one and I know there are 1 or 2 confirmed users here, happy with them as well. There’s also the KHC torque arm, with some satisfied users. <-- see the group buy link below.

None of it is necessary for mall crawling and starbucks drive thru, but they will help the rear suspension out.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Deaver springs and a rear bump kit would be my first mod recommendation. Leave the motor stock until you put some miles on it to see how it is.....

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you do the tune and less restritive cats...go ahead and ******* buy spark plugs and gap them to .028 lol.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
if you plan to spend time in the desert, I'd recommend the volant intake with the donaldson filter ( its a dry tractor filter that is probably the best on the market for heavy dust). The cobb is a great street filter that helps make good power with a tune, but it cakes heavily in the desert.

I run svc traction bars. I love them and would only remove them if i was linking my truck.

If you have the budget, I'd skip the collars and go straight to a shock upgrade. For trucks that will maintain stock width in the front and want to maintain the bed integrity, I like the ICON RXT setup the best. I've watched the expedition x offroad guys HAMMER the icon setup ( including Tom Wayes. If you don't know who he is, look him up. He's a pro ultra 4 driver and is a consummate madman! )

as far as the tune, I had mpt, then cobb, then went back to mpt. with mpt the trans shifts like a well oiled sequential during acceleration. The cobb OTS tune introduced an ever so slight lag when stabbing the gas. The mpt is a bit better about it.

My happy place on exhaust is SPD downpipes, borla resonator and a wraith offroad high clearance exhaust.

keep in mind though, a positive comment for a gen2 exhaust is generally " wow this is the first gen2 that i don't hate the exhaust note on."

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very happy that I found the youtube videos to show me aftermarkte exhaust for the GEN2, otherwise... I would of bought a RAM1500. The stock exhaust doesnt match the body or performance lol.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very happy that I found the youtube videos to show me aftermarkte exhaust for the GEN2, otherwise... I would of bought a RAM1500. The stock exhaust doesnt match the body or performance lol.
You made a a good choice. No comparison.