Modding direction/guidance/QUESTIONS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New owner, let the modding begin!

Has anyone run the SPD programmer/tune? AFE? COBB? I prefer an AGGRESSIVE tune, and would like transmission tuning(I hear COBB's doesn't offer that). I’m just wondering what tune/programmer to start with.....??

I have a LIST of mods to get started. So, I’m guessing I need a platform on which I can change up the tune/make add’s/have adjusted. as I make changes.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

First UP: INTAKE/Downpipes/Programmer & Tune/Pedal Commander/Turbo adapters... These are the quick/easy first mod's... plenty more to come.

Best programmer with loaded/box tunes? Best programmer in general?!!? SPD? COBB? AFE???

Best AGGRESSIVE tunes???

Teeeeach me, respected forum!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BarryG

BarryG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I AM... Unfortunately it's an associated risk. A dice-roll game I've played for many years with many cars.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cobb will have a transmission tune in the near future. I have a SVC front mount intercooler with a @goosetuned stage 2 tune, it’s amazing. List goes... Cobb cai, Accessport, corsa resonator delete, deaver +3, rpg drop shackles, Geiser springs, SVC bumpstops, fullrace radiator & transmission cooler, McNeil 2+2 fenders, and method beadlocks with Mickey Thompson mtz p3 37” tires. Do none or all.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Wfo - NICE! Why goosetuned over MPT?!
I’m more familiar with Cobb from their years of tuning Subaru. I know many have gone mpt because of cobbs lack of trans tune. They are working on it and never release products that aren’t dialed in. I also have the ability to data log as well as monitor just about every engine function with the access port. Not sure if mpt can do that?

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Wfo - NICE! Why goosetuned over MPT?!
They are both great tunes. I chose MPT because they've been tuning Ecoboost F150s since 2011 and because of the trans. tuning. I also ran MPT tunes on my 2011 and 2014 Ecoboost F150s.