Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Modded or stock

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by toddr, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Canuck714

Canuck714 Full Access Member

I've sold sold 2 since 2013. One was stock and the other was like yours and had cosmetic type additions.
    The one with exhaust and lights/bumpers had more traffic then the bone stock one, but I also live in truck country (Texas) so that did not surprise me.
    The Used Gen 1 market is pretty stable, I don't think you will have a problem selling it as is.

Personally, I don't consider bumpers and lights a mod that would deter anyone. Especially if you include all the stock parts.
    In the Raptor crowd I hang in, Mods are superchargers, gears, shocks, cutting holes in the truck etc. I currently have a 14 with blower, shocks/springs, wheels/tires, exhaust..etc etc.. and get asked all the time to sell it, so it really depends on who is looking.

toddr likes this.
  2. toddr

toddr Member

That makes sense. Yeah most of the traffic I have been getting is dealers lowballing me out of Los Angeles and they all want it stock. If you know anyone in Texas that is looking for a ‘13 with every option and in great condition send em my way.

3. Canuck714

Post it in Race-Dez classifieds in the off road vehicle area. Lots of Cali traffic there
    https://classifieds.race-dezert.com

Booth9999 and toddr like this.
  4. toddr

toddr Member

Thanks for the advice! I’ll put it on there today.

5. Adam Ratatat

Adam Ratatat Full Access Member

I sold my 2010 with a modified exhaust, Full Body Wrap, and CAI. Dealer actually reduced the offer value since I didn't have the stock parts. I worked with them to get me what I wanted but was told that the mods are not wanted when sold to a dealer. I am in So-Cal and have know they will flip the truck for 6-8K over what they gave me. If you can sell it private party you will find a better offers, IMO, to people who like the mods and don't want to have to do them themselves.

GLWS

toddr likes this.
  6. toddr

toddr Member

I appreciate the experience. Ya I have been trying to sell to a private party but the only people hitting me up are dealers with low offers. We will see, I still have another month before my new truck gets here.

7. mpk1996

mpk1996 Full Access Member

If your trading it in. Put it back to stock

if your trying to sell to an individual, you have to decide if it’s worth it. You won’t get a ton extra from bumpers and other superficial/cosmetic mods, but it could separate you from the crowd of stock trucks. That’s the way I always looked at it. They will come look at your truck rather than the sea of “plain” raptors cause it’s different and cool. That is of course if the parts are what the buyer likes.

there are definitely some mods that would actually turn me away. So it’s a gamble for sure

toddr likes this.
  8. toddr

toddr Member

I appreciate the advice and feedback. Since I haven’t gotten an over abundance of interest with the mods I think I’m just going to take them off and go from there.

mpk1996 likes this.
  9. Canuck714

Where do you have it listed for sale? Autotrader, Craigslist, forums?

10. toddr

toddr Member

I have it on autotrader, Craigslist, cars.com, cargurus, Facebook. I didn’t have it on forums as I didn’t have the required amount of posts yet.