Mod Commencement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tecman1007

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice new raptor mods and new tools, add beer and hot chics and its heaven

On that note...I was listening to Country music and drinking beer while performing the installs....kinda like being back in the country right, as for the date, I'm working on that tonight!:kiss1:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my truck for 5 months before I was sent on a Govt funded trip to the desert for 6 months....wink wink*......I got home last Tuesday, so today the first round of mods start. The truck is having the suspension adjusted to Mid-Perch today...the dealership had never heard of it being done before (Not inspiring much confidence) so it will prolly take a few hours. Slapped my personalized plates on it today to "customize" it, and my Roush CAI and Exhaust are in Washington I believe being shipped up here. Hopefully I will have them within the next few weeks to put them on. Next mod after I save some money will hopefully be a front bumper replacement (ADD Venom Bumper). I will post pics and video for anyone interested. Also a question.....where is the best place to get a spray-in bed-liner here in AK (Anchorage)??? And I thought this truck was perfect as is stock.....damn this forum:happy107:

Your off to a great start and yes, it's like crack.

Dont forget to add some better tires in your future..... :cheers:

OP
OP
Tecman1007

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying the Goodyear Duratracs...They seem to have pretty good reviews, and help a lot in the snow up here

OP
OP
Tecman1007

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And today I added the 5 Star 87 Performance tune....A lot better throttle response, however after further reading...I might switch it to the 91 performance tune as thats the highest octane I can obtain here in AK....Boo....either way loving the tuning.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will like the 91 tune, it rocks! Like your mods so far...keep up the good work!

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you could be a raptor owner and be happy with the factory silence. Thanks for the rundown. I agree I'm not a huge fan of that exit point and the pricing on the Roush is ridiculous and those are the only 2 things holding me back I suppose.

OP
OP
Tecman1007

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you could be a raptor owner and be happy with the factory silence. Thanks for the rundown. I agree I'm not a huge fan of that exit point and the pricing on the Roush is ridiculous and those are the only 2 things holding me back I suppose.

For me ...I LOVE the V8 sound, and the Roush exhaust was worth every penny. Other people like other brands better, its personal preference really. I suggest going to youtube and listening to all of the different exhausts on our truck. Every time I am on the highway and I see a "green" car next to me, and I am instantly reminded of why I purchased it when I downshift. It turns heads whether on the highway, pulling out of a gas station, or driving through Walmart. :head3: