Mod Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin Elkins

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2018 leadfoot, and have done a little research on which modifications to do. I figured this would be the place to come because i’m sure there’s been a lot of trial and error on what to do. I’m thinking at the bare minimum to start with a level kit to bring up the front end, tint the windows, and paint protection. What do we recommend?

Level Kit - I want it to look aggressive, but not sacrifice any ride comfort.

Paint Protection - Really aiming to protect the “new paint” look, and protect from scratches.

Thanks!

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get xpel on it before you take delivery! Or literally just drive it or have it towed from the dealer to the detailer. Have them do a paint correction before they wrap it. You’ll be surprised how many micro scratches/swirles are on it from the dealership.

drewabbs

Reaction score
Hi can't find anyone local that does this

Check xpel website for list of installers

Locally I ran into 80% of people not carrying XPEL. Typically they push the brand they prefer to work with but will special order. I initially wanted XPEL, but finally landed on Suntech Ultra PPL. This may help you find more dealers in your area: https://www.suntekfilms.com/DealerZip.aspx

Check vinyl wrap and clear bra installers. Verify that they have done clear full body wrap before. As BajaLaz mentioned ensure they do paint repair before you wrap it. Mine fresh off the truck had an alcohol bath, a clay bar, and exterior detail before they even started.

They local guys said the pre-cut for gen2 is a bit off around the gill area, so try to find someone who will custom cut.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As far as “leveling” the truck. I’d recommend sticking with spring perch collars over a leveling kit.

As far as height, the higher you go, the worse of an impact you’ll have on ride quality.

I’d recommend either the RPG 1.5” collars or the BajaMod 2” collars.

We carry both and would be happy to help get you setup.

subterfuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $13,999 for xpel ultimate plus.. Guess I won't be getting ppf.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam I’m from jersey and was quoted 9k to do the whole truck in the ultimate.
That's crazy, I have an appointment tomorrow to have Xpel put on and my bid was 2K...

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Last edited: