Mod – run mirror side spotlights at any speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can vampire clip into the wire, and hook it to one of the up fitter switches. Normal switch below 5mph, upfitter above that, and it would still go out when the ignition is off.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I wonder if you can vampire clip into the wire, and hook it to one of the up fitter switches. Normal switch below 5mph, upfitter above that, and it would still go out when the ignition is off.

Just thinking off the top; splice in a relay

30; out to the mirror lights
85; ground
86; battery +
87a; in from factory light switch positive
87 ; in from up fitter.

I have reverse lights wired similar.

But, why go to the trouble of a relay, why not just run the up fitter switch power to the leg of the factory mirror light switch and replace? No more speed limit on the lights and no running down the battery.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mod - run mirror lights while driving & cause numerous accidents by blinding oncoming traffic @ 4 way intersections & vehicles merging lanes (let alone pedestrians)

those things are blindingly bright & piercing @ close range

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mod - run mirror lights while driving & cause numerous accidents by blinding oncoming traffic @ 4 way intersections & vehicles merging lanes (let alone pedestrians)

those things are blindingly bright & piercing @ close range

Fair point ! I did not mean to tacitly or otherwise advocate for running these lamps as a normal course of action. I do think the speed limit for them is artificially low, but no - we don’t want these left on all the time or even inadvertently.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read through four pages of this thread and did not see a single picture of a Raptor with the lights on when driving 70 MPH... Where are the pics!

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boostedgreygoose has a pnp solution for this mod. Search for his name on ig and follow the links on his page. He has two accounts so look for the one that has design in it . Boostedgreygoosedesign.net , i believe not 100% though

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read through four pages of this thread and did not see a single picture of a Raptor with the lights on when driving 70 MPH... Where are the pics!

no one leaves them on. I just do a quick flash to the shit heads.

Maddog77

Reaction score
Stupid question probably but since we were originally talking about Ditch lights anyone try to redirect the side lights in any way so they actually function at high speeds as ditch lights? Love the mod, just curious how to get them going a little more forward to be more functional than just to **** people off. Oh and side stupid question. Anyone have difficulty knowing if the backlights are on or not? There’s no indicator light (that I see) showing it’s on. I hit it with my finger when I roll my parking lights on.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stupid question probably but since we were originally talking about Ditch lights anyone try to redirect the side lights in any way so they actually function at high speeds as ditch lights? Love the mod, just curious how to get them going a little more forward to be more functional than just to **** people off. Oh and side stupid question. Anyone have difficulty knowing if the backlights are on or not? There’s no indicator light (that I see) showing it’s on. I hit it with my finger when I roll my parking lights on.

You would have to move your side mirror’s further forward, in which they do not go! So can’t see you aiming the lights. To the side is about it.