Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Moab

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by jzweedyk, Mar 16, 2019.

1. jzweedyk

jzweedyk FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

We lead 4 other Jeeps on 7 Mile Rim today. It is one of my favorite trails (not Raptor friendly). Beautiful day. Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg

BenBB likes this.
  2. jzweedyk

Today was supposed to really hot again, so we took the Raptor and went out to the Anti-Cline overlook and the Needles overlook. Air conditioned comfort, cooled seats, and Sirius radio playing.

First we found a short trail that went behind "Looking Glass Arch", which was cool. Then we revved up the Raptor for a fun run out to the overlooks. Left a dust cloud probably a mile long, but it was fun. All told about 140 mile trip. Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg Trail 4.jpg Trail 5.jpg

BenBB likes this.
  3. jzweedyk

As we wind down our spring visit to Moab (leave next Thursday), we decided to take the RZR up into Bull Canyon. We took a different way in. What I discovered is, bumping down large shelves is way easier than climbing up them. It turned a pretty easy trail into a challenging one for the RZR, but it was fun. Then after going to the mine (more washed out than ever) for lunch, we did Bull Fork Canyon, which is one of the prettiest canyons in Moab Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg Trail 4.jpg . Got back just as the clouds started to thicken and threaten rain.

I remember the Woodpeckers in Michigan, and I wanted to post a picture that shows we have Rockpeckers here in Moab. They leave big holes in the cliffs.

BenBB likes this.
  4. jzweedyk

For our last Jeep trip for this spring in Moab, Some friends went with us up to Jimmy's Overlook. The line was long getting into Arches National Park, so we went in the back way, which added to the trail fun. The "hill" going up to Dry Mesa (south of the park) has NOT gotten any easier, but we made it. The trail has been hardly used, and there is grass growing in the tire area and flowers in the center of the trail. It was a cool day and mostly overcast and windy, so I was worried about being able to sit and have lunch. But as we got to the overlook, the sun came out and the wind died. So it was a great day, and a great view of Castle Valley. While on Dry Mesa you get a great view of the back side of "Windows" arches, north and south.
    Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg Trail 4.jpg

BenBB likes this.