Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday, since the Easter Jeep Safari is still going on, we took the RZR and found a route to the south side of the BFE area without going on the main highway. Then we found an overlook that looked down on the BFE. After that we crossed the highway and went behind the "Behind the rocks" trail and found a trail that went west to a overlook that looked down on the Kane Creek 4wd trail.

Overlook 1.jpg Overlook 1.jpg

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cliffhanger trail used to be one of my favorite trails (NOT Raptor friendly), but now it has turned into a pretty darn tough trail. We did it yesterday with our Jeep two buggies and a Gladiator on 40s. We did it without any damage or breakage, but it was a lot of work. They took me on a line I had never done before and ended up with the rear tire hanging in mid air, and the guys worried I would roll. It was one of the only times I have used my winch to pull myself up and I was so stuck that I pulled the Gladiator sideways. It took one buggy with the other one pushed against him to hold him to get me up. A good day, but way too much work.
Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg Trail 4.jpg Trail 5.jpg

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took our friends to Zues and Moses. Normally he only does 4+ trails, but I like to show him scenery. His wife appreciates it. He did complain about how fast I drove to get to the trail. 60+ down the dirt "road" to the top of Mineral Bottom. I actually thought it wasn't fast enough. :cool:

The Raptor may not be a great "rock crawler" but it can really go fast on desert trails, and very comfortable.Trail 1.jpgTrail 2.jpg

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took our friends to Zues and Moses. Normally he only does 4+ trails, but I like to show him scenery. His wife appreciates it. He did complain about how fast I drove to get to the trail. 60+ down the dirt "road" to the top of Mineral Bottom. I actually thought it wasn't fast enough. :cool:

The Raptor may not be a great "rock crawler" but it can really go fast on desert trails, and very comfortable.View attachment 168819View attachment 168820
I was in Moab last fall, on the same road at sunset, doing 60+ mph when I came around a small bend and there in the middle of the road was a parked camper van with the drivers door open and the driver on the roof of the camper van taking pictures of the sunset. I’m still amazed At the grip and control the Raptor had as I maneuvered around them. I did feel good that the dust behind me was going to ruin his pictures for a good 10 minutes.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We got back in Moab last week and got the house squared away. It has been a little hot but we did take the RZR and blast through Hell's Revenge on Tuesday morning before it got too hot.
Today we did some exploring in the Raptor. Did 4 roads/trails south of Moab that we had never been on before. Much of it was little used trails. Some areas got a little tight for the Raptor. We are going to take the RZR back there when it is cooler and do some more exploring. Cool areas.

Attachments

• Trail 1.jpg
    Trail 1.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Trail 2.jpg
    Trail 2.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Trail 3.jpg
    Trail 3.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Trail 4.jpg
    Trail 4.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 17

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to Moab for the first time with the family, and our 1.5 year old daughter will be in the truck.

What are your guys recommendations for fun scenic trails or must see spots that are family friendly? I.e., no jumping the truck, butt puckering slick rock crawling, or 70+ mph trail driving.