Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We took the RZR this afternoon and did some exploring. We found a way up on the ridge just east of our house. First it overlooked the start of the Steel Bender trail, and there were some Jeeps at the first obstacle and then it gave a great view of Moab Valley. Then we went behind Ken's Lake and explored as far as we could without crossing the creek on the exit of Steel Bender trail. We found a couple of "holes" in the rock and a neat arch.

Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg Trail 4.jpg

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We took the RZR this afternoon and did some exploring. We found a way up on the ridge just east of our house. First it overlooked the start of the Steel Bender trail, and there were some Jeeps at the first obstacle and then it gave a great view of Moab Valley. Then we went behind Ken's Lake and explored as far as we could without crossing the creek on the exit of Steel Bender trail. We found a couple of "holes" in the rock and a neat arch.

View attachment 164722 View attachment 164723 View attachment 164724 View attachment 164725

Those "holes" you found were part of the Roy Rodgers caves. We found them a few days ago and looked the up online. Apparently they were created for a movie back in the 40s. They are spray foamed and synthetic stuccoed throughout. Weird.

20210324_154703_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since it is Easter Jeep Safari week, we try to stay as far away from the normal trails as possible. So we put the RZR on the Trailer and went down to Cameo Cliffs. We then went up to the Charlie Steen mine (the guy that discovered uranium in Moab) and then explored all around that area. We found a really nice canyon that was supposed to go through, but it was blocked by a drilling area and fenced off. So we backtracked and went passed a couple of mines. Then we did the ATV trail around the cliffs. Almost 50 miles total. Great day.
Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I went to the Moab Jeep Expo at Dixie off road today and saw the new Bronco. They had several 4 doors there and a 2 door chassis along with several sports. Very impressive. I talked to a Bronco Nation guy to ask a few questions. While nothing is firm, he did say the rumors on the Bronco Raptor are real. The bad news is that they have so many orders for the Bronco already, that he doesn't think the Raptor version will be released for 2 years. They already have enough orders to take them through 1/2 of 2022 without the Raptor version. The suspension looked good, with a front sway bar with electric disconnect and no rear sway bar. The suspension parts were very beefy, and the skid plates looked strong.

ARB had a tricked out 4 door with a drawer in back, new front and rear bumpers and other bling. I also saw their new hydraulic jack. It was very impressive, but had an $ 800.00 price tag.

Since I forgot my camera, I may go back tomorrow and take some pictures.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went back to the Jeep Expo today and took a few pictures. They had 4 - 4 door Broncos and the 2 door chassis.

The Bronco in this post is a Ford build.

As you can see with the chassis shots, it has indepentant front suspension and an electric sway bar disconnect.

I wanted to get the 2 door, but I have a feeling that the Raptor version will only be available in the 4 door model. Just like the Hemi Jeep Wrangler is only in the 4 door model. I am sure they will sell more 4 doors than 2 doors.

Bronco 1.jpg

Bronco 2.jpg

Bronco 3.jpg

Bronco 4.jpg

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ARB= All Ready Broken
I stopped by Moab Offroad (I think that was the name...) last week for some help with my hitch. The owner was not an ARB fan. Never had any of thier products that I can recall but the acronym stuck with me.