Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I said above, today was the perfect weather for the last day of winter. We took the RZR and did Steel Bender loop. It is the first time we have done the loop, normally just do the Steel Bender Flat. I wanted to avoid the "drop" with the RZR, so did the loop. Somewhat challenging and rough, but very scenic. I would not take my Raptor on it however.
Trail 3a.jpg Trail 3a.jpg Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I said above, today was the perfect weather for the last day of winter. We took the RZR and did Steel Bender loop. It is the first time we have done the loop, normally just do the Steel Bender Flat. I wanted to avoid the "drop" with the RZR, so did the loop. Somewhat challenging and rough, but very scenic. I would not take my Raptor on it however.
View attachment 164074 View attachment 164074 View attachment 164075 View attachment 164076

You are correct... Ken's Lake. Doh. I was just talking to my buddy named Kelley... Lol
Might have to try that one...

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Moab. Been in the Jeep but never in the Raptor. Way to much fun there in a build JK. Last time there I spun my rear diff on Metal masher being stupid. But Rory down at Moab Motorsports took care of me. If you are ever in Moab and need any kind of offroad repair or recovery call Rory Irish. He will fix it. Or drag ya out in Tow Mater.
Here is the moment I f*cked up and spun the diff on my Sterling 10.5. ‍♂️

IMG_6125.jpg

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have broken so much stuff I couldn't possibly list it all. My usual policy, if it breaks, build it back better. I have broken almost all of the suspension brackets on my 6.1 Hemi Jeep, but each break was fun! If you aren't breaking stuff, you just aren't trying. :)
Very true and most of the guys I wheel with call me extra credit.

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Moab. Been in the Jeep but never in the Raptor. Way to much fun there in a build JK. Last time there I spun my rear diff on Metal masher being stupid. But Rory down at Moab Motorsports took care of me. If you are ever in Moab and need any kind of offroad repair or recovery call Rory Irish. He will fix it. Or drag ya out in Tow Mater.
Here is the moment I f*cked up and spun the diff on my Sterling 10.5. ‍♂️

View attachment 164129
When the bounce gets ya ;)

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the bounce gets ya ;)
Yep. And I knew better. Could have prob walked it or just a little bump but was messing around. And when you have 500hp its easy to wanna do something stupid. Didnt have the tubes welded to diff and broke the plug welds and she spun. Half day later was back wheeling.

20190911_122318.jpg

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Today we did my favorite Raptor trail in Moab. Zues and Moses. You go down into Mineral Bottom and then into the National Park. Take a side trail to Zues and Moses. There are high speed roads/trails and some caution areas, please great scenery.

Then we climbed back out and went to an overlook camping spot with a great view of the Green River.

Trail 1.jpg Trail 2.jpg Trail 3.jpg Trail 4.jpg Trail 5.jpg