Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have gotten almost 6 inches of snow in the last week, which is our annual average, and while some of it has melted, we decided to take a ride through Arches National Park to see the red rock with some snow on it. There was only about 2 places where the road was slick and of course a tourist decided to go off road.

Arch 1.jpg Arch 2.jpg Arch 3.jpg Arch 4.jpg Arch 5.jpg

970rap

Reaction score
Gorgeous pictures. We ended up cancelling our post-Christmas trip to Moab due to the forecasted snow, which looks like a good decision in hindsight. How is the melting going on trails and roads? Now considering a MLK or President's Day weekend trip.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually have not been on any other trails. What I have found because the nights are cold (in the teens) and the days get up in the low to mid 30s for a little while in the afternoon, the snow doesn't melt as much as it evaporates in the dry air. It is slowly disappearing, except for areas in the shade.

By mid February, unless we get a lot more snow or rain, the trails should be fine. It will still be cool, but the highs should be in the 40s.

We are leaving to go south for about a month or until the weather improves enough for us to bring the Motor Home back to Moab.

Enjoy your trip.

Reaction score
AMAZING!

I really appreciate this thread!

My wife and I spent 5 days in Moab for our mini honeymoon in 2016, with most of our time spent hiking in Arches and Canyonlands.
Had one day of off roading with my old Ram 2500, which was spent cruising around the White Rim Trail.

These pictures are a great reminder of beautiful the scenery Utah has to offer. In all honesty, for those who have visited would agree that the pictures don’t do any justice.
Moab is an incredible experience!

I’m heading up to Bozeman, Montana in June to pick up/install my Go Fast Camper canopy. We plan on driving thru Yellowstone and into Moab. The plan is to spend at least 3
nights of BLM camping and maybe 2 in a hotel.

I’ll definitely purchase that Moab 4x4 book you mentioned.

I’m hoping to bring my family up to your “favorite lunch spot” for those killer views!

Looking forward to more of your posts as the weather permits!

Last edited:

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMAZING!

I really appreciate this thread!

My wife and I spent 5 days in Moab for our mini honeymoon in 2016, with most of our time spent hiking in Arches and Canyonlands.
Had one day of off roading with my old Ram 2500, which was spent cruising around the White Rim Trail.

These pictures are a great reminder of beautiful the scenery Utah has to offer. In all honesty, for those who have visited would agree that the pictures don’t do any justice.
Moab is an incredible experience!

I’m heading up to Bozeman, Montana in June to pick up/install my Go Fast Camper canopy. We plan on driving thru Yellowstone and into Moab. The plan is to spend at least 3
nights of BLM camping and maybe 2 in a hotel.

I’ll definitely purchase that Moab 4x4 book you mentioned.

I’m hoping to bring my family up to your “favorite lunch spot” for those killer views!

Looking forward to more of your posts as the weather permits!
All of the BLM camping within 20 miles of Moab is at developed campsites, complete info here. There are quite a few dispersed spots over 20 miles outside of town.

Check out the Mill Canyon Dinosaur Bone Trail. If yall dig that the Klondike Bluffs dinosaur trackways is also worth the time.

Personally, White Rim is hard to beat for camping in Moab. There are mid-week reservations available for June at this point.

Reaction score
I appreciate all that info!!!

Definitely agree, the White Rim Trail spots are hard to beat (from a non local’s perspective).

Still keeping my options open.
The trip will be towards the end of June, which I’m assuming the weather would average in the 90sF.

We’ll be traveling with my two little ones, ages 3 and 1. So I’m factoring that’s in, in regards to comfort level with camping.

I’ll be sure to read up on all that info.

Thanks again!!

All of the BLM camping within 20 miles of Moab is at developed campsites, complete info here. There are quite a few dispersed spots over 20 miles outside of town.

Check out the Mill Canyon Dinosaur Bone Trail. If yall dig that the Klondike Bluffs dinosaur trackways is also worth the time.

Personally, White Rim is hard to beat for camping in Moab. There are mid-week reservations available for June at this point.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
Wow wow wow.

I am headed to Raptor Assault in April and will be going to Moab after. I have never been and this looks nuts. Just fricken awesome. I've been all throughout Oregon and this is incredible for sure. Thanks for the share man!!!!

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread... We are loading up the toy hauler today and heading to Moab tomorrow. We're camping at Kelly's Lake. Taking the Super Duty with the toy hauler and both UTVs and my daughter will follow in the Raptor. First time we'll have the Raptor with us. Going to be there for a full week, too.