Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I plan to pass through Moab in the first or second week of July - I will have one day to hit a trail or 2 - what would you recommend? Nothing too crazy as I'll have a pretty loaded truck with 3 bikes on top of the bed as well. I was thinking Chicken Corners? Any thoughts appreciated!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its beautiful no matter where you go. Moab (f).jpg

Hit up Hurrah Pass to Hell's Revenge (Stay out of the bath tubs), Chicken corners is in that trail run and that will take up a good day. You will have chances to play on slick rock and in soft sand both. Raptor shouldn't struggle with it and you will get excellent views and a few optional challenges.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I plan to pass through Moab in the first or second week of July - I will have one day to hit a trail or 2 - what would you recommend? Nothing too crazy as I'll have a pretty loaded truck with 3 bikes on top of the bed as well. I was thinking Chicken Corners? Any thoughts appreciated!
Chicken Corners is a good trail with good scenery. Also Onion Creek is very scenic. If you start out early, after Onion Creek, you can do LaSalle Loop, it is paved but great scenery.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran the Bartlett wash trail and a portion of the Crystal Geyser loop this past weekend. Bartlett is built for the Raptor, and beautiful with great overlooks and plenty of terrain change, awesome soft sand washes, very fast stretches and whoop type terrain.

Crystal Geyser safari loop is different, the trail is difficult to follow in places. There are a couple of ledges with soft sand at the base, and some places where if you misjudge the line you will drag the underside of the truck. This is an advanced trail, there are places where a lack of off road acuity could leave you in an area you cannot drive out of. Go with at least one other vehicle, bring a spotter, wear good shoes take plenty of water. Width is not an issue anywhere, pinstriping is not a concern. Any section can be bypassed, the maze of roads and trails in the area is incredible. Do your homework and choose the route your comfortable with. The area between hwy 191 and green river has everything from pristinely maintained oil service roads to slow going 4x4, and there are 8 ways to get anywhere.

The technical portion of this trail runs through this basin and down the bare slickrock valley in the middle of the pic. You enter through the far side of the mound on the left.

1110201240.jpg

Truck is a stock 11 Raptor, this is near rainbow rocks. 1110201250.jpg