MOAB S-u-c-k-s...Go Elsewhere(pics added 9-20)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
John, I noticed all your pictures are of you driving your previous Gen 1, do you think a Gen 2 could handle this hell hole of a place as well as the Gen 1 did? :bleh:
I’m sure it will do even better. I’ve taken my Gen2 to places around here that I know my Gen1’s wouldn’t have faired as well. The Trail control has already saved my Azzzz a couple of times when I was sliding off of Ridges on a trip to the pine box or Trauma center. Suspension/ Travel plus the electronics take most of the skill out of Off-roading your Raptor (IMHO)
There is a plethora of Raptor friendly trails in and around MOAB, (but I wouldn’t waist my time ;):anitoof::anitoof:) Lots of Fantastic sights and trails on the Green River side too. I set up Basecamp once in Green River and just worked that side for a week. There is some incredible remote hiking on that side too!
@jzweedyk recommends a great trail book for the area. Hopefully he will share it here. I’ve just used my Benchmark Maps to decide where to go in the past.
Several pictures are from the ARCHES NP side where you want to stop every 100yds and take another picture.
But The Vegas Strip has a lot to offer..
HOOKERS N BLOW for example :anitoof::Big Laugh::evil27:

Last edited:
OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Soooooo true, Moab should be avoided - let's get the word out so more people don't keep going there. No good trails, landscape is nothing special, no sure what all the hype is all about
Great pictures thanks for sharing. I’m glad you had a horrible time too :)

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seen a guy , either here or on FB group, doing Hell's gate. Did it but bent the exhaust tips on his Jenny
And if Juan can do it, Jenny can do it too and even more. Nice Pics
Death Valley next?