Missing Caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kevin Olsen

Reaction score
Reset the BMS in forscan. The three errors still exist in the PSCM.

The truck fires up and runs. I'll just sell my soul to the dealer and find out if there's anything else wrong. Would've been nice if this happened at 59k miles, but they never do.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you using to measure voltage? If you’re using a high impedance DVOM (Digital Volt Ohm Meter) you can measure between the Alternator B+ post and ground, between the positive battery post and ground, between the positive battery +/- posts, etc. If you’re using the proper DVOM and have the leads in the correct ports, you’re not going to hurt anything.

Thanks for the information. I don`t have any issues with my truck but I am looking at adding lights etc. in the future. My Jeep with the CAN-BUS System was a issue unfortunately

I did have the battery die on my Raptor and did have to bring it to the dealer to have the BMS Reset and updated, no issues after that

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I don`t have any issues with my truck but I am looking at adding lights etc. in the future. My Jeep with the CAN-BUS System was a issue unfortunately

I did have the battery die on my Raptor and did have to bring it to the dealer to have the BMS Reset and updated, no issues after that

As long as you use the upfitter relays you shouldn’t have any issues.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the big red cable going to the battery. modern vehicles are below 14v now while it is running. before, the standard was 14.4 volts but thats changed over the years

So when my instrument gauge in my 2019 reads 14.5 charging volts....it's wrong? I get this when it sits for prolonged periods. I think you are just wrong. Never heard of 17 but 14.5 seems common on 19-20 Raptors...verified with altimeter for what it's worth.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when my instrument gauge in my 2019 reads 14.5 charging volts....it's wrong? I get this when it sits for prolonged periods. I think you are just wrong. Never heard of 17 but 14.5 seems common on 19-20 Raptors...verified with altimeter for what it's worth.

14.5 is within normal range. As long as you don’t have any warning indicators, the system is operating as intended.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are much nicer than the people on whatever Facebook raptor forum I belonged to that call you names for having a gen2.

I've had a number of other groups that I belong to that moved to Facebook. They all went downhill. Maybe people get cranky because it's so poorly designed for having discussions. And their business model gives me the willies. I've stopped going there. On the bright side, it's better than Twitter. :doublepuke:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you do realize you just measured voltage with a tool meant to measure altitude right? so who is wrong?