Mismatched Door Panels?? Anyone else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Covid trucks man, not surprised

I did have a new GM truck w/ one of the door trim pieces not matching the rest, was an easy fix….this seems like a bit of a bigger blunder tho, but I mean seeing stuff like this that’s so obvious, what about the not so obvious stuff? Can you really be sure the upgraded shocks for the 37”s were bolted on or did they accidentally put the standard ones on? I’d say that’s an Honest question

On other hand, at least OP got a truck….few & far between these days

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a friend that works at a GM plant here in KC. They used to make Pontiac Grand Am's here a long time ago and he said one time 3 shifts of people put the Grand Am badges on upside down before anyone noticed. Everybody stared at it all day long but it was just so obvious no one noticed it.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised someone didn’t say the mask regulations caused this issue and added the standard …“let’s go Brandon” .

Truth is this happens with every make and model. Our Volvo had a door that was darker then the rest and we picked it up in Sweden so it wasn’t done in transit.

Antimatter

Reaction score
I’ve spent time in assembly plants including automotive ones. Parts are all staged in such a way that I’m not surprised it wouldn’t be caught if something were out of sync. Final QC should catch such things but not all trucks get the same level of scrutiny.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone ever take a tour of DTP and was able to go through the post QC trucks, if you found an issue they gave you a prize or something. Had to be like 16 years ago. They don’t do that anymore.