Mismatched Door Panels?? Anyone else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if one was grey and the other was black but they were both grey/greyish. I bet you have two people Q/A one on the left/right and they are verifying each side of the vehicle. Hell like you said, it took you 3500 miles and how many times just drooling and staring at your truck for you to finally realize it was wrong. A vast majority of my autos would be considered luxury or "highend" and even they have been know to have a slip up now and then. My 2004 BMW 545 M sport was delivered missing an entire module. The only reason it was noticed is because in 2004, I actually used Bluetooth and I could not get it to work(yea I am a tech guy).

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO high absenteeism by full time employees at Ford assembly plants is contributing to the sometimes poor QC.

TEMPORARIES DON'T KNOW THE JOBS​

“The Big Three have been hiring thousands of temporary workers in anticipation of high levels of absenteeism on the assembly lines. According to the Detroit Free Press, Ford has hired 680 temporary workers there.

New hires don’t know how to perform the jobs, so the company has them work with someone else to learn on the fly.

“When the B-shift showed up, multiple lines were short, but the company had more new temporary workers than jobs so they could have workers double up on jobs,” a Dearborn Truck Plant employee said. “That means working shoulder to shoulder, they definitely are not six feet apart. Everyone started to refuse to work and the line was not running.”

“They were threatening to fire everyone who refused to be doubled up. I didn’t care, I walked out.”

Ford had given employees a 64-page reopening protocol booklet. It calls for a minimum six-foot social distancing and for deep-cleaning protocols if someone who worked in the plant in the last 24 hours is confirmed to have had COVID-19. Many B-shift workers did not feel the 1.5 hours between A-shift and B-shift was enough time for a cleaning.

“The company is changing the rules as they go,” said another employee. “They were supposed to deep-clean the plant after sending A-shift home, but they didn’t. We are suppose to be practicing social distancing but we aren’t.

MASS BREAKS

Workers said the high absenteeism also means Ford has not instituted its intended rolling breaks, but instead requires all workers to go on break at the same time.

“How do you go to the bathroom and wash your hands or go to the break room and eat when hundreds and hundreds of people are trying to do the same thing as you?” asked another employee.“

Last edited:

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First year issues..glad its not mechanical. Well the dealer can order the correct panel and replace it. Not a big deal

NorCalRapT

Reaction score
So far I have put over 3,500 miles on my black 801A 35 Gen 3. Have to say I love everything about it. This weekend, my 10yo got in the passenger seat and said “Dad, why do your doors look different?”

After looking at the 2 door panels, one is a 35 package and one appears to be a 37 package.

Afraid my Raptor is having an identity crisis.

Anyone else see this?
That' awesome! Good old assembly line f***up