Mishimoto Radiator Problems / Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey All, Last year my oem radiator cracked, so I picked up a Mishimoto radiator as they looked pretty good, and seemed to be a considerable upgrade over factory. From day one I noticed the smell of coolant every so often. Through last fall and this winter, it became a constant leak. I contacted Mishimoto early this year and they indicated that they'd probably be willing to warranty the radiator, but they didn't expect to have a replacement before July according to the rep I talked to. They suggested I do whatever possible to stop the leak until a replacement was available (JB Weld, Alumiseize, etc). I ended getting a cheap OE style one from RockAuto as a "bandaid" (works great, no leaks) until they warranty the other one. Now Mishimoto has them back in stock, and they're willing to warranty it, but they want $100 shipping (seems excessive, but whatever).

Curious to get y'all's thought on Mishimoto. After doing some recent searching, they don't seem have a great following for the Raptors, so not sure I want to put one back in. Maybe I should just go for a refund and go a different route....thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sucks because usually their stuff is great. I had the same debate on my Flex going aftermarket radiator or not but ended up just getting the Ford "towing package" radiator for it. No headaches.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get your money back, the oem radiators are good rads for raptors. To waste more money on shipping a bad rad around is dumb, they should pay shipping. Companies are making too much money from shipping their defective products around, it should be regulated.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey All, Last year my oem radiator cracked, so I picked up a Mishimoto radiator as they looked pretty good, and seemed to be a considerable upgrade over factory. From day one I noticed the smell of coolant every so often. Through last fall and this winter, it became a constant leak. I contacted Mishimoto early this year and they indicated that they'd probably be willing to warranty the radiator, but they didn't expect to have a replacement before July according to the rep I talked to. They suggested I do whatever possible to stop the leak until a replacement was available (JB Weld, Alumiseize, etc). I ended getting a cheap OE style one from RockAuto as a "bandaid" (works great, no leaks) until they warranty the other one. Now Mishimoto has them back in stock, and they're willing to warranty it, but they want $100 shipping (seems excessive, but whatever).

Curious to get y'all's thought on Mishimoto. After doing some recent searching, they don't seem have a great following for the Raptors, so not sure I want to put one back in. Maybe I should just go for a refund and go a different route....thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Sam
Question... Did the Mishimoto offer any performace upgrade or just a leak and hefty price?

OP
OP
BlackForestSVT
Reaction score
So I called Mishi this morning and said I wanted a refund. The rep said they'd see what they can do, but I feel they're going to put their heels in the sand on that. We'll see...

As for a performance upgrade...I didn't really notice anything. I'm in WI, so maybe it would've been more noticeable out in the desert.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I called Mishi this morning and said I wanted a refund. The rep said they'd see what they can do, but I feel they're going to put their heels in the sand on that. We'll see...

As for a performance upgrade...I didn't really notice anything. I'm in WI, so maybe it would've been more noticeable out in the desert.
Tell them to ship you a brand new one and they can pay for shipping. Ask if there is an authorized dealer in your area and drop the old one off, tell them it is Ludacris to think that a customer should have to pay shipping on a defective product. Get what you can and then if they do give you a new rad, sell it immediately for $$$

Chrishiznit33

Reaction score
Bought a mishimoto radiator for my raptor a few months ago from a guy in the marketplace. Worked well till about a month ago. Started leaking from the driver side back in the tubes. So I guess I’m out of luck with warranty. Don’t wanna pay for another new one. Which radiator did you put in for the meantime ? Where is yours leaking from ?

I’ve already took it out and took to a repair shop that tried to fix it. And it’s still leaking. Been a hell of a process. Broke an ac hose getting it out too.

OP
OP
BlackForestSVT
Reaction score
Tell them to ship you a brand new one and they can pay for shipping. Ask if there is an authorized dealer in your area and drop the old one off, tell them it is Ludacris to think that a customer should have to pay shipping on a defective product. Get what you can and then if they do give you a new rad, sell it immediately for $$$

I told them to either send me a new one or do a refund. Still haven't heard back. But I agree, I don't think anybody should have to pay shipping for a replacement part that was factory defective. I'll have to check for dealers around here, so that might be an option.

OP
OP
BlackForestSVT
Reaction score
Bought a mishimoto radiator for my raptor a few months ago from a guy in the marketplace. Worked well till about a month ago. Started leaking from the driver side back in the tubes. So I guess I’m out of luck with warranty. Don’t wanna pay for another new one. Which radiator did you put in for the meantime ? Where is yours leaking from ?

I’ve already took it out and took to a repair shop that tried to fix it. And it’s still leaking. Been a hell of a process. Broke an ac hose getting it out too.

Same exact thing. Mine too was leaking from the driver side back along the tank seam where the tubes go into the tank. I ended up getting an OSC brand radiator from RockAuto (#13227). Basically just an OE replacement. Seemed to be made well and so far no issues. It's definitely frustrating. I not much of a mechanic; bodywork and fabricating are my wheelhouse, so I've had to pay to have it swapped out 2 times already.

Chrishiznit33

Reaction score
Same exact thing. Mine too was leaking from the driver side back along the tank seam where the tubes go into the tank. I ended up getting an OSC brand radiator from RockAuto (#13227). Basically just an OE replacement. Seemed to be made well and so far no issues. It's definitely frustrating. I not much of a mechanic; bodywork and fabricating are my wheelhouse, so I've had to pay to have it swapped out 2 times already.
I submitted a claim with them. Doubt they will honor it. I guess I’ll be going back to stock too. Does your heater work ? Not sure if it’s related to my leak. But only my passenger side heat works. Sucks I wished I’d never put this radiator in. I only saved like 200 bucks buying off the forums too.