Mishimoto Radiator Hose Oil Cooler Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone that has upgraded to the Mishimoto silicone radiator hoses, or frankly any brand, what are you doing for the lower hose where the two smaller tubes mount to the oil cooler. My quick disconnect fittings are junk after getting oil dripped on them, but there is no barb on the oil cooler nipple.

I either go buy a new lower hose and cut off the quick disconnects and mount them to the Mishimoto hoses, or just slide the two lines on and use the clamp to hold them? I called Mishimoto and they were not much help, I assume if they wanted you to use the quick disconnects, the would have supplied the hose with new ones like they did the main radiator connector?

MMHOSE-F62-10BK_1.png

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy OEM hoses. You're not "upgrading" anything, especially not with mishimoto parts. They will start leaking from between the silicone plies within a year or two.

OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For almost every product commented on here you will have a number people who had issues, what is hard is knowing how many have successfully run them. I will also say on my last truck I had continual challenges with the factory quick disconnects leaking, not enough to see but enough to wipe out an idler bearing and it took a UV kit to find. This happened a re-used factory hose as well as an OEM replacement where the internal o-ring was not lubricated properly.