Mishimoto R&D: 2017+ Raptor Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have another dual catch can... and i have to say yours is much better thought and laid out! if this came out a few months ago, i wouldn't even have considered what i have right now!

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the big difference between the dual catch can you developed and the dual catch can Radium has? I’m trying to decide between the yours and Radium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mishi do you have a part number for the hose/sensor you need to reuse? I want to get a backup.

Looks like it's only available with the full hose assembly: https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-crankcase-tube-hl3z6758b/

Is there a rough shipping date yet?

The pre-sale will be ending and orders will be shipping this Wednesday.

What’s the big difference between the dual catch can you developed and the dual catch can Radium has? I’m trying to decide between the yours and Radium.

On the surface, it looks like the biggest difference is that we include both cans in the kit (no upcharge for covering both sides) and our bracket is quite a bit sturdier. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with the engineering or testing behind their product, so I can't provide much insight.

-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that the pre-sale for this catch can has ended. Thank you to everybody who ordered, your orders should begin shipping soon.

Thanks,
-Steve

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it!!! That’s what I get for procrastinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chimchim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

We're excited to share that we've been developing a catch can for the 2017+ Raptor 3.5L! In our previous 3.5L EcoBoost catch can projects, we found that the 3.5L produces a very large amount of blow-by. Even though the 2nd-gen 3.5L is dual-injected, we still want to keep the blow-by out of the engine so that your Raptor is running on nothing but clean fuel and air.

Check out our quick development post below and let us know what you think!

Thanks,
-Steve

History of Success – Baffled Oil Catch Can R&D: Production

MMBCC-F35T-17SBE_1.jpg

The old idiom “history repeats itself” is often used to point out the failures of the past, but in the context of the Ford F-150, that history is one of success. In recent years, Ford has been successful in introducing innovative technologies and ideas to the F-150 while retaining its renowned capability. Ford did face some skepticism in 2011 when they introduced the F-150 coupled to a direct-injected and turbocharged 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine. But, 8 years later, the F-150 is still the best-selling truck in America and, as of 2017, the EcoBoost platform makes up 65% of all F-150’s sold.

MG_0548.jpg

For the 2017 model year, Ford added even more innovation to the 3.5L EcoBoost in the form of dual-injection. Instead of just injecting fuel directly into the cylinder like its predecessor, the 2nd-generation 3.5L combines the power and efficiency of direct-injection with the smooth idle of port-injection. The added port injectors also have the benefit of washing the back of the intake valves to help prevent carbon buildup.

At Mishimoto, we also have a history of success, especially when it comes to protecting the EcoBoost line of engines from blow-by. That’s why we wanted to develop a catch can to continue protecting the 2nd-generation 3.5L EcoBoost. You might think that the 2nd-gen 3.5L’s port-injection removes the need for a catch can, but there’s more to the effects of blow-by than just carbon buildup.

...Continue Reading >>>

Ordered