Mishimoto R&D: 2010-2011 Ford Raptor Transmission Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Over the past several months, we've been working on a transmission cooler for the 2010-2014 Raptor and 2011-2014 F-150. We've gone through our full R&D process and now we want to share that process and our pre-sale with you all. Check out the blog posts below and head over to our website for more details on the pre-sale!

Thanks,
-Steve

D

Deleted member 12951

Always nice to see stuff still being built for the GEN1. How does this cooler compared to the Ford replacement that is larger for a 1/3 of the price? I got this one several months ago and saw immediate improvements.

2395df07434065112bf81565078c022d.jpg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always nice to see stuff still being built for the GEN1. How does this cooler compared to the Ford replacement that is larger for a 1/3 of the price? I got this one several months ago and saw immediate improvements.

Hi @RDFTS ,

A couple factors differentiate our cooler from the larger Ford cooler. First, our cooler adds 4 more rows of fins and 6 more tubes for more cooling surface area. Our cooler is also a tube-and-fin construction with strutted tubes. The strutted tubes mean you retain the toughness of the OE stacked-plate cooler, but with the extra flow that a more open tube-and-fin design offers. We haven't tested it, but I'd be curious to see the pressure drop across the US spec OE cooler vs the UAE spec core. I'm sure it's not much different, but every ounce of ATF you can get back to the transmission under high load matters. Then, of course, there's our lifetime warranty with accident protection. It's unlikely you'll have an issue with our cooler or either of the OE coolers, but I also doubt Ford will replace the cooler if you get in an accident :)

I hope that helps; let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
-Steve

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2395df07434065112bf81565078c022d.jpg
Did you buy it directly from Ford?

D

Deleted member 12951

Hi @RDFTS ,

A couple factors differentiate our cooler from the larger Ford cooler. First, our cooler adds 4 more rows of fins and 6 more tubes for more cooling surface area. Our cooler is also a tube-and-fin construction with strutted tubes. The strutted tubes mean you retain the toughness of the OE stacked-plate cooler, but with the extra flow that a more open tube-and-fin design offers. We haven't tested it, but I'd be curious to see the pressure drop across the US spec OE cooler vs the UAE spec core. I'm sure it's not much different, but every ounce of ATF you can get back to the transmission under high load matters. Then, of course, there's our lifetime warranty with accident protection. It's unlikely you'll have an issue with our cooler or either of the OE coolers, but I also doubt Ford will replace the cooler if you get in an accident :)

I hope that helps; let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
-Steve

Thanks for the info. Now I am wondering if I should sell mine and get yours. LOL.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

We're going to be giving away one of these trans coolers! This contest will close this Wednesday 6/19 at 2:00 PM, so check out the link below to enter!

If you've already placed your pre-order, go ahead and enter. If you win, we'll simply ship your order for free!

Thanks!
-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that the pre-sale for this transmission cooler has ended. Thank you to everybody who ordered in the pre-sale; you should see shipping notifications soon!

Thanks,

-Steve