Mishemoto IC fail?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed the mishemoto IC on my '19, totally stock besides S&B CAI, ambient temp is 35*c, my IAT was at 40*c and my charge temp was 49*c.

On WOT the charge temp went down to 43*c for 2 seconds then climped again to 45*c and slowly creeped to 48_49*c.

During the install I removed the lower blade of the shutters to keep a constant airflow.

So either i am expecting too much from the "upgraded" IC or I'm just gonna get my mythanol injection and be done with it.

Thought and ideas are welcome.

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, You are expecting too much.

Same figures give or take with my CVF intercooler. Its on a 2019 Raptor too

OP
OP
A

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some highway driving today, my IAT was 49*c and the charge temp is 60-61*c
Ambient is 45*c

That is on zero boost and just cruising.

**** injection it's then.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some highway driving today, my IAT was 49*c and the charge temp is 60-61*c
Ambient is 45*c

**** is more for WOT applications for pulls. Unfortunately these are air to air IC, it needs airflow and boost through them to see AIT drop. Any one of these beat stock.

FMIC would most likely see best results.

GotBoost150

Reaction score
Ambient is 45*c

Have you tried pulling your other 2 shutters or just unplug them for a bit to see if it makes a difference? What about the grille shutters? I don't have a raptor but I do have a 17 3.5 with mishi CAC, mishi oil cooler, cobb raptor intake, full race 3" catback and run 5* 91 tunes. I live in AZ where we are seeing 110-112° my IAT1 and CAC temps are always within a degree or 2 of each other and IAT2 is usually around 15-20° hotter than CAC temp. I've had my lower shutters pulled since day 1 and grille shutters unplugged. When just cruising the grille shutters close so I feel all the under hood heat really soaks everything, with them unplugged there is always outside air getting pushed into the engine compartment and with the lower shutters pulled or unplugged you have 100% outside air hitting the entire CAC. This is just how I think about it [emoji2373]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** is more for WOT applications for pulls. Unfortunately these are air to air IC, it needs airflow and boost through them to see AIT drop. Any one of these beat stock.

FMIC would most likely see best results.
Depends on the settings, for me I'd get it to start @3-4 psi of boost.

OP
OP
A

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried pulling your other 2 shutters or just unplug them for a bit to see if it makes a difference? What about the grille shutters? I don't have a raptor but I do have a 17 3.5 with mishi CAC, mishi oil cooler, cobb raptor intake, full race 3" catback and run 5* 91 tunes. I live in AZ where we are seeing 110-112° my IAT1 and CAC temps are always within a degree or 2 of each other and IAT2 is usually around 15-20° hotter than CAC temp. I've had my lower shutters pulled since day 1 and grille shutters unplugged. When just cruising the grille shutters close so I feel all the under hood heat really soaks everything, with them unplugged there is always outside air getting pushed into the engine compartment and with the lower shutters pulled or unplugged you have 100% outside air hitting the entire CAC. This is just how I think about it [emoji2373]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The shutters are just part of the problem, the issue is that the charge pipe goes directly behind the radiator, witch kills ALL the cold air pushed threw the IC,

I'm gonna wrap them in heat reflective metrial and assess the situation, this hot weather is killing my performance and the MPG of the truck.

I will report back.