Mirror tap or Fuse box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020LeadFootFL

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GREEN is Ground, BLACK is +12v switched. Photo courtesy of @FastEddie from this thread: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/radar-detector-mirror-tap.62288/

View attachment 344868

Not on mine. Just to post more information, my '17 wiring is a little different. My 2017 Raptor with 802A doesn't have the black plastic cover for the wires for the mirror wiring, FYI, like others do. If that matters, which it may. Regardless, the taps shown in the picture above from @2020LeadFootFL (with credit to @FastEddie ) are in the correct location (position 1 for switched power, and number 4 for ground), same as mine - BUT my switched power wire is blue/brown and my ground is black/yellow.

Hope this helps others.

P.S. After much review on this topic, I am left with the impression that the guys at the assembly plant just grabbed the nearest spool of bulk wire when fabbing up the wiring harnesses. ;)

2020LeadFootFL

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.S. After much review on this topic, I am left with the impression that the guys at the assembly plant just grabbed the nearest spool of bulk wire when fabbing up the wiring harnesses. ;)
I think you’re spot on. At least they put them in the right holes.