GEN 1 Mirror glass hacks (for broken brackets)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Manuel

Reaction score
The mirror glass fell off after taking a hard bump.. Looks like the 2 of the 4 bracket pairs that hold the mirror to the motor is broken.
Its a shame, because the mirror and everything else is in perfect shape (except for a scratch on the door from the mirror dangling).

Driver side mirror is around 300$ with tax for the ones with heating, so I am thinking about some hacks. Maybe I can glue it on to the motor? The motor itself is just 60 bukcs, so if the glass broke in future and I want to replace it, I can just replace the motor too incase the glue makes the job messy.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3M VHB? Holds trim and emblems on cars no problem, I'd think it could hold a mirror as well.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this happen on my mustang about 10 years ago, I used some of the expanding gorilla glue (kind you mix with water) and its been fine since. Adjuster still works as well.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might be more expensive with the heated mirrors, but I had the glass in one of my old f150s replaced for like $30 at a local glass shop...

OP
OP
D

Don Manuel

Reaction score
My local shop says I need to replace the whole mirror which is bs.

Thanks for the responses. I have replaced mine with a 30$ glass from Amazon for now. But will try the glue options. Want the tow mirror and auto dimming features.