Mirror film?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a clear film that can be installed on the side mirrors that will help shed water droplets? Or is there a polish/glass cleaner that will help shed water?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turtle Wax Ice works on glass, paint, and plastic.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the Ice seal N shine. Mine has lasted about 6 months now and beads water like crazy. Super easy to apply, highly recommend it.
I use it on my Cadillac. I like that you really can’t screw it up and just put it on everything but the tires lol.

I haven’t waxed my truck. I need a machine for that, haven’t gotten one yet.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use it on my Cadillac. I like that you really can’t screw it up and just put it on everything but the tires lol.

I haven’t waxed my truck. I need a machine for that, haven’t gotten one yet.

Definitely a lot less nerve wracking to work with than a true ceramic coat. I did the full clay bar, coarse polish, fine polish, IPA, and Ice seal n shine after, results were awesome.

Back to OP: if you went that route the results are really impressive especially on the glass, you can *almost* get away without using wipers during rain because the water is running off so well. Also Ice is like $10 a bottle and like @isis said, you can't really screw it up.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have discovered a solution that is way, way better and longer lasting than Rain-X:
Bio-Clean Superior Silicone Sealant.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. I’ll have to head to a store to get some.