Minor Rant for the day....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the rant, but its bad to keep this stuff in!!

1) OK SVT parts. So I just bought the SVT Raptor light bar. Nice unit. But this is what pissed me off. No where in any advertisement for this part does it mention any "WARNING", nadda! But open the box, and blaring at you is a big sticker right on the front of the bar that says; "Danger/Warning, use of this item will effect the airbag system yadda yadda yadda". It also has the same warning in BOLD on the instructions!!! Umm, I guess they figured it would hurt sales if they actualy stated that on the web site when you order the darn thing!!!! Not cool SVT! :flipthebird:

2) TruckAddons.com. So I really liked the EZ down liftgate part after seeing a post here for it. I go to their site and order. No mention of any issue or delay. They accept the order and charge my card. 2 days later I get an emailing stating the order is "Pending"?? So I call them, they advise me that there has been some "issues" with the part and its on national backorder with no expected release date!!!! Umm, then why did you charge my card aholes!!! I tell them to cancel and issue refund. 2 days later and 3 calls later and the item is still not cancelled or a refund issued!! :flipthebird:

Thanks...I feel better :Rant:

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Sorry for the rant, but its bad to keep this stuff in!!

1) OK SVT parts. So I just bought the SVT Raptor light bar. Nice unit. But this is what pissed me off. No where in any advertisement for this part does it mention any "WARNING", nadda! But open the box, and blaring at you is a big sticker right on the front of the bar that says; "Danger/Warning, use of this item will effect the airbag system yadda yadda yadda". It also has the same warning in BOLD on the instructions!!! Umm, I guess they figured it would hurt sales if they actualy stated that on the web site when you order the darn thing!!!! Not cool SVT! :flipthebird:

2) TruckAddons.com. So I really liked the EZ down liftgate part after seeing a post here for it. I go to their site and order. No mention of any issue or delay. They accept the order and charge my card. 2 days later I get an emailing stating the order is "Pending"?? So I call them, they advise me that there has been some "issues" with the part and its on national backorder with no expected release date!!!! Umm, then why did you charge my card aholes!!! I tell them to cancel and issue refund. 2 days later and 3 calls later and the item is still not cancelled or a refund issued!! :flipthebird:

Thanks...I feel better :Rant:

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your dam right that is BS. They know they dont have one or there is a disclaimer and go right on selling away knowing well better. Act now and ask for forgiveness later is a great motto except with lasting impressions left behind for future business.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing it advertised someplace... Just NOT on the FordRacingParts website. It might have been on a third-party site or something.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I believe that KC supplies the light bars to FRP. Not sure how it would affect the airbags though. I thought all the new airbag sensors were inertia activated? The early sensors were compression activated.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hmmmm that part about truckaddons.com concerns me... thats who i was gonna go to for mine since amazon.com doesnt seem to have the full product.... ******