Minor bump steer at freeway speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 2020 and are you talking about when you hit a “bump” “hump” or “heavy transition” at highway speeds only above 60moh I’ve found, the rear end jumps kind of to the side? It has to be shocks or something, when I’m towing my trailer at same speed it really limits how it jumps to the side a lot. Other guys in here will have better answers I’m sure, I’m just saying I have it and just live with. Not so bad I need to find a fix.
no you’re on to something different, stock leaf springs are not good, off road the side stepping is almost scary, deaver leaves mostly fix it
the OP is, I believe, dealing with bump steer from raising the front ride height which changes the steering rod angles so that a bump requires steering correction

OP
OP
C

caleb

Reaction score
no you’re on to something different, stock leaf springs are not good, off road the side stepping is almost scary, deaver leaves mostly fix it
the OP is, I believe, dealing with bump steer from raising the front ride height which changes the steering rod angles so that a bump requires steering correction
Yep, spot on. This isn’t a rear end thing at all, I actually have the Icon multi rate leafs in the rear. Next time I’m on the interstate I’ll see if I can get a video of the behavior for those that aren’t familiar with bump steer.

I’ve wondered about getting some lighter springs for the front to bring it down a tad. It rides really nice and I do have an SVC bumper and a lightbar on the front so there is extra weight up there but I’d love to bring the ride height down just a hair.

raptordoug618

Reaction score
Yep, spot on. This isn’t a rear end thing at all, I actually have the Icon multi rate leafs in the rear. Next time I’m on the interstate I’ll see if I can get a video of the behavior for those that aren’t familiar with bump steer.

I’ve wondered about getting some lighter springs for the front to bring it down a tad. It rides really nice and I do have an SVC bumper and a lightbar on the front so there is extra weight up there but I’d love to bring the ride height down just a hair.
Did you ever get this fixed? I have a 2018 raptor with fox 3.0s. Decent amount of steering feed back / bump steer. I just ordered Deavers and Mazzulla upper arms. Really hope this helps