Minor body damage, fix it or nah?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
checking and logging in vehicles is what i do at a dealership. This was supposed to be fixed before it even hit the lot or the customer called, if this was damaged on arrival either ford or the trucking company pays to fix it. Unfortunately lately this isnt the case. Now they try to let the damage fly under the radar and wait to see if the purchaser notices anything. since theres a lack of new vehicles and fixing these issues takes “too much time” where they could possibly sell it quick. So unless you call someone that actually cares it seems you may be on your own to fix it. Sorry to hear this op. :(

Zev

Reaction score
A good PDR guy and you’ll never know it was there! Had a few taken out of my truck in various locations, amazing work!

Attachments

• 7111C844-7912-4F81-B3D6-043E851FE281.jpeg
    7111C844-7912-4F81-B3D6-043E851FE281.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a truck. It's your fault for not checking. Move on...
That’s true but you would have missed it too. It only shows in certain lighting. I had a friend and my girlfriend do a walk around. Everyone missed it. Sucks for sure and def my fault but there was nothing I could do either. I flew out there to pick it up and would have had to cancel all my booked plans and hotel rooms along the way back to the west coast to battle them to get it fixed.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s true but you would have missed it too. It only shows in certain lighting. I had a friend and my girlfriend do a walk around. Everyone missed it. Sucks for sure and def my fault but there was nothing I could do either. I flew out there to pick it up and would have had to cancel all my booked plans and hotel rooms along the way back to the west coast to battle them to get it fixed.
So are the fenders made of metal(aluminum) now? The rears were always metal on the earlier gens. That piece with the chips looks like it is still formed plastic like the earlier ones as well. Just curious, didn't know FOrd went from composite on the front fenders to aluminum, if its not aluminum then it could be a defect in the composit, if that's the case, you might be able to get that replaced?

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
checking and logging in vehicles is what i do at a dealership. This was supposed to be fixed before it even hit the lot or the customer called, if this was damaged on arrival either ford or the trucking company pays to fix it. Unfortunately lately this isnt the case. Now they try to let the damage fly under the radar and wait to see if the purchaser notices anything. since theres a lack of new vehicles and fixing these issues takes “too much time” where they could possibly sell it quick. So unless you call someone that actually cares it seems you may be on your own to fix it. Sorry to hear this op. :(
Yep this dealership decided to bend me over and ram it hard all because it’s a hard to get vehicle. Worst buying experience ever especially on a 80k truck. It would be hard to buy from ford again or even recommend them after this. Plus still battling price protection.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So are the fenders made of metal(aluminum) now? The rears were always metal on the earlier gens. That piece with the chips looks like it is still formed plastic like the earlier ones as well. Just curious, didn't know FOrd went from composite on the front fenders to aluminum, if its not aluminum then it could be a defect in the composit, if that's the case, you might be able to get that replaced?
Exactly why I’m asking. The clear coat is in perfect shape along with the paint. It can’t be something I did in any type of accident.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fender flares are not installed using a pry bar. Based on the 2 marks and the gap between the flare and fender, it appears someone used a tool to try and take the fender flare off.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly why I’m asking. The clear coat is in perfect shape along with the paint. It can’t be something I did in any type of accident.
The front fenders are composite. I would image the dent is from manufacturing. I cant see it but thats what i would imagine. The other 2 little spots i would just touch up.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to have a service tech at local Ford dealer to see if the previous dealer damaged the flare and had to replace it.