Minimum Post Requirement for Selling on FRF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Kaiser sent me a PM that prompted this response. We are in agreement that something needed to be said. We are all sick and tired of members spamming the forum with useless crap so they can post in the Garage Sale section. I am also sick of people sending me PMs asking why they have to make 50 posts and "such and such a forum doesn't do that". Guess what? I DO NOT G A F what other forums do.

Just so everyone knows, the minimum post requirement is in place for 2 reasons.

1. It requires that members contribute something useful to the forum, not just come here to sell their items (for free) and disappear. A forum is a community that thrives on user generated content. This isn't Craigslist. Nothing is "FREE" in this world, you want to sell something on the forum we have all worked so hard to build? Contribute to it somehow.

2. Most importantly, the minimum post requirement lessens the chance of members being scammed or ripped off. If someone was allowed to join today and immediately sell something, that's just too easy.

If a member is required to stick around for 5 days and make 50 posts, that will deter most anyone who wants to run in here and scam someone. It would be much easier to just go to Craigslist and scam someone today. If you want to rip someone off, go right ahead but you won't do it on FRF. Also remember I have access to your IP address and email address. A simple call to the local police, your ISP and/or email provider and we will have someone at your front door in 48 hours.

The Supporting Member option isn't there because we want to force you to pay to sell something. But rather, when you become a Supporting Member we receive your personal information from PayPal which eliminates the risk of members being scammed. Sure, you could still get scammed but the person won't get away with it because we have their name and address!

Also, if you're ripped off by a Supporting Member, we will forfeit whatever the "scammer" paid to the forum and give it to whoever got ripped off.

So before you bitch and complain about having to make 50 posts, realize the reasons behind it. Making 50 useless posts in order to work the system is extremely disrespectful
and an abuse of the forum.

This applies to ALL sections of the Classified listings.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Completely agree. Thanks admins! I've bought and sold stuff through FRF. It helps to know who your buying from. My most recent purchase was for almost $2k. That's a lot of money to send someone you've never met in person.

I've had some transactions go well and some not so well. In the end, it's a bit comforting to know the other end is someone who wants to be part of the community.

Thanks!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bird, have you considered a "Trader Score" for each member that would indicate the number of trades/sales made through FRF and the percent satisfaction with those transactions?

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bird, have you considered a "Trader Score" for each member that would indicate the number of trades/sales made through FRF and the percent satisfaction with those transactions?

I know I'm the newb but I'm no stranger to forums. I have 7k posts on another general SVT forum and belong to probably a half dozen other forums.. The trader rating system works great. I believe itrader is the most popular. It's a similar format as ebay. The minimum post count rule is effective as well. Keeps spammers and trolls away.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I said it before, most forums don't have requirements like here. The difference is they will run you outta there before you know it even if it seems like you came there with intent to sell. Getting acquainted with the members, learning the different parts of the site, and earning your reputation gives you the right to partake in our activities. The benefit to FRF is even if all you did was come to sell, there are immediate options that will allow you to do so and no one will harass you about it. Digging up threads to get your post count is prohibidado. Even if your for sale ad were to be approved, none of the members will respect it because we've seen what you've done in order to get it.